We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wheather in mid may

co.antrim
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wheather in mid may

could any one tell me what the wheather is like in stalis around the 20th may,and also the best places to have a drink and some food.and last but not least where would be the best place to hire a quad

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wheather in mid may

hi.

most possible would be a beach holiday weather!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wheather in mid may

Hi there

Mid May should see the weather fine and sunny, warm even hot. Sea will still be a bit chilly through as will most pools as few are heated except in the exclusive places. Stalis is full of bars, restaurants and tavernas - just have a good look round and see what appeals to you. There are also loads of bike/quad/scooter hire places so compare a few prices to see who has the best deal.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wheather in mid may

Good places to eat are:

Katerina Taverna

Amici (Italian)

Jannis Golden Heart

Jasmine House (Chinese)

There are plenty of bars to choose from but our local haunt when we're there tends to be the Irish House.

Please don't hire a quad they are dangerous and a menace. The locals and other holiday makers absolutely hate them and I've seen so many accidents from restaurant tables being crashed into to one under the front of a lorry - I'm just grateful that the driver had already been taken away to hospital by the time we passed. I've also had a cousin (in Morocco not Greece) who broke her back falling off one and ended up having have spinal surgery in Morocco before being air ambulanced home, and a friend who broke every bone in her hand when she turned on over and it landed on her. Hire a car, hire a pushbike, catch the bus, get a cab - but please avoid the quad bikes!

co.antrim
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: wheather in mid may

thanks for that guys i cant wait to go but i have changed my mind about the quads much to my wifes relief.think we will just hire a car instead.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wheather in mid may

Hi again

Bear in mind too that a quad or scooter gives no protection from the sun either. A car is the best alternative and is far safer.

Loughborough, UK
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wheather in mid may

We went late May and the weather was perfect.

We also hired a quad, never again, crap on the main roads and scary, a car would have been a lot better.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
170 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wheather in mid may

A quad came almost ran into the back of me and my husband whilst walking along - it was about a foot away from the back of us! We were squeezed up walking as close to the edge of the road as possible so it wasn't as if we were sauntering down the middle of the road. They fairly fly along the beach road between stalis and malia! Lovely resort though, we went end of June 3 years ago and it was scorching!

8. Re: wheather in mid may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Stalis