We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

We are off to Stalis in a couple of weeks for a fortnights break.We are both in our 50's and are wondering if anyone can recommend any bars, especially where there is entertainment in the evenings (ie singers or possibly a group playing)?

We understand that Malia is 'hell on earth' if you are over 21 so will probably stick to Stalis.

Olu deniz
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

We stayed in Stalis two years running as our daughter was working the summer season in Malia. It's much quieter that Malia but there are a few bars with entertainment mostly quiz nights etc. Whatever you do, don't venture into Malia in the evening as it's full of drunken youngsters which you don't get in Stalis.

The beach is lovely too and there is an Irish pub on the beach where for about 5 euros you get a snack and use of sunbed and parasol for the day.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

I've been to Stalis a few times and the only place I've really noticed live music is in O'Dwyers Irish Bar. There were quiz nights galore this year with every other bar seeming to hold them. Wednesday evening there is a Greek night in the square of Mohos village, just above Stalis, we haven't been as yet but Greek friends of ours and some Brits we know who live out there say it's a good night.

Worthing
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

We're going to Stalis (for the first time) for a fortnight on 16th Sept and staying at Aglaia Apartments (have seen rather mixed reviews). We're about your age too so reading with interest replies to your question. May see you there!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

Dwyers irish bar and the beachcomber opp cactus beach hotel have live music every night.Music starts in dwyers at 10.30, not sure what time it starts at the beachcomber.Have a great time, stalis is a lovely resort.

Dublin
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

Is Stalis suitable for 2 40+ Irish women friends to visit for a week.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

I would definately say it was suitable. It has a lovely beach, plenty of bars and lovely restaurants, and if you enjoy a good sing song at night then dwyers is the place to head to.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

Oh yes I forgot about the Beachcomber. I think their live music starts at around 10pm.

I think 2 women in their 40s will have a lovely time in Stalis, plenty of good places to eat and drink, a nice beach and good public transport links if you fancy visiting some other places on the island.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
893 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

Many thanks- it sounds good to me-regards, Terry

9. Re: Stalis- Bars & Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations