We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anthoussa Resort 4*

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
County Armagh...
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Anthoussa Resort 4*

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this . Is the Anthoussa Resort the same as Sentido Anthoussa Resort and Spa? Was going to book the Anthoussa Resort, 4* but now i'm not so sure. Any help much appreciated.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

Hi Freefan

Yes, it is one and the same. The Anthoussa is ideally positioned in Stalis located right on the beach and close to all the good bars, restaurants & tavernas. Not that the restaurants will particularly interest you as the Anthoussa is all inclusive. It has a really good large pool & sun terrace that overlooks the long sandy beach in Stalis and people who stay there are from many different nationalities.

Stalis itself has a good relaxed ambience suitable for families & couples and a lively enough atmosphere without being OTT. Also has good transport links and ideally placed on Crete for trips to the likes of Spinalonga island, Lassithi Plateau & Knossos Palace.

County Armagh...
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

Hi npj60, a big thankyou for the reply. Sounds just what I'm looking for and even more. Will definately book , too good to miss. Was worried when I read posts talking about an annex and thought that maybe the Anthoussa Resort was it. Cheers.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

It appears that the "annex" refers to a hotel across the road that people are put into when the Anthoussa is overbooked. I have read posts about people being put into this hotel and they seem none to pleased when they are. I would certaiinly look into this before you book to try and get guarantees that you will not be in the "annex". The Anthoussa is fine but you don't want to be put across the road when you have paid good money to stay in the hotel of your choice.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 25 May 2010, 20:44
County Armagh...
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

Yes, will make a point in requesting main hotel as the standard of rooms seems to be superior. Nothing as nice as a lovely sea-view so room location is important. Thanks again, you've been a great help.

Bangor - North Wales
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

I have seen the annex across the road - it's behind an ATM, a bakers and a shop selling clothes etc, but the sea view is blocked by the Anthoussa itself, so insist on a sea view as the inland view is of the beach road which goes through Stalis itself

Good Luck

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

Thewelshones, Does this mean that if we have paid for a side sea view we should be pretty much guranteed to be located in the main building? As this is worrying us! Thank You!

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

Hi Hayley

It maybe worth speaking to your travel agent/company or the Anthoussa direct to press home the point that you have booked to stay in the main hotel and not the "annex" and try to get some guarantee that you will. The Anthoussa is quite a big hotel and the chances are you will be fine but it won't hurt to make an enquiry and press the point home and get some confirmation to put your mind at rest.

County Armagh...
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

Thanks everyone for your advice, wouldn't travel without checking tripadvisor, unfortunately the deal I was hoping to snap up has been snapped up! However, Crete still appeals, so I shall continue looking and no doubt will be posting in the very near future.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

Hi again Freefan

That's a shame. Why not have a look at the Blue Sea Resort in Stalis. It's all inclusive and in a lovely position down at the other end of the beach road from the Anthoussa. It's at the quieter end of Stalis and just across the road from the beach and looks good from the outside and seems to have favourable reviews from people who have stayed there. Maybe worth a look if you are definately going to Crete and Stalis appeals to you for your holiday.

Have fun planning and organising your holiday.

Burnley, Lancs
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anthoussa Resort 4*

When you book any hotel & make a request that you'd prefer a Sea-View, or a high-up room on the best side of the hotel, it remains just that: a 'Request', or in other words, a 'Preference'. This doesn't oblige either the agent or the hotel to provide you with this if you don't specifically pay extra for it when booking. It's not part of the contract.

The request really means "I'd really really like a nice room with the best view possible, please, and a butler & fluffy slippers & breakfast in bed free every day, please". If this is a pay-for option, as it is with the Anthoussa, & you pay the extra (ie, around £160 per week per room for a sea view or £300 for a suite, etc.), then you should expect this.

This is why the Anthoussa can get away with sticking people who've only paid the basic rock bottom price into Colditz across the road, as it's still a part of the hotel itself legally, albeit an inferior part.

If there are free superior seaview rooms available but you've only paid rock-bottom price & just 'requested' a superior room, it's down to the discretion of the hotel to give it you, if there's one available & not booked. If you PAY for this in advance, then it's a contractual obligation on the part of the hotel to provide this automatically. The 'Request' is not legally or commercially binding.

Edited: 31 May 2010, 22:39
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations