We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets are here!!!!

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets are here!!!!

After what seems like an eternity our tickets have arrived today. 3 weeks on Thursday and we will be in Stalis. Have read and re read all the reviews on Anastasia and can't wait. I have now gone into holiday mode -

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

Ha ha - nice to see someone looking forward to their holiday so much! You will love Stalis and have made a good choice in the Anastasia. We are off to Stalis on 3rd Sept for our 5th year in a row, staying just 10 mins down the main road from the Anastasia at La Luna Apartments and are counting down the days til we go.

Have a great holiday and tell us all about it when you get back.

Hamilton, Bermuda
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

how exciting, we fly three weeks thursday too!

We're flying from east midlands staying at the soleil. Can't wait!!

worcester
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

3 weeks thursday for us aswell. we are all on countdown now. no tickets yet though they better hurry up lol!!!! cant wait to be in the sun!! hope you enjoy your hols. we will prob be on same flight

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

hope your tickets arrive soon.

We are on the 0805 Thomas Cook flight from Birmingham.

Reading the letter they sent with tickets and it says they have now stopped the in flight entertainment as most travellers take their own games consoles/dvd players etc. You can however hire a PSP for £7.50 per flight. Me thinks that the real reason is to make a little bit more money. My daughter said great lets hire one, she has one of her own already, but the thought of paying to use someone elses excites her!!!! Kids eh????

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

Thanks NPJ.

Stalis sounds like a good place for us, we have always loved Zante (Laganas before the kids arrived Tsilivi in recent years) i get the impression that Stalis is similar to Tsilivi. Thanks to all the fab people who took the time to review Anastasia is the main reason that we booked.

As long as there are loads of tat shops selling imported chinese items then my daughters will love Stalis!!!!! We are hoping to go on the Spinalonga excursion and I would love to go to Santorini but I think it would be too long for the girls.

Manchester
Level Contributor
689 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

Our tickets haven't, but then I noticed that on Jet 2 you do your own - I could have had them weeks ago !!!!

DA

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

Plenty of tat shops in Stalis so your girls will be fine!

Yes, Spinalonga is a great day out. But consider going under your own steam rather than on an organised excursion. To do this get a bus to Agios Nikolaos bus station (there is a bus stop on the main road close to the Anastasia), then a bus from there down to the village of Plaka. The first small fishing boat goes over to the island at about 10am and it takes 10 mins to get across. Also, Plaka is nice with some lovely tavernas from which to enjoy lunch and refreshments when you get back over from the island.

Have a look at www.cretetravel.com and scroll down and click on bus schedules for info on timetables - they are for 2008 but they won't have changed much, if at all, for 2010.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

Good job you checked about your tickets eh??? the Boy

Npj - thanks for that will check it out. It is nice to go under your own steam especially as it seems so simple, 2 buses and a boat. i love traditional Greek villages - we went over to Nisyros from Kos last year even the girls though it was fab to see a real greek village unspoilt by tourism. Its a good job i break up for the summer on friday as i am well and truly in holiday mode and there is little chance of getting any real work out of me. lol

worcester
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

ye we are on 8.05 aswell. my son will defo want a psp then!!!! we have been zante couple of times we loved it. first time was to laganas that was 10 years ago. we went to alykanas 2 years ago that was really nice aswell. while we were there we went to laganas for the day to have a look around and couldnt believe how much it had changed. there were not mcdonalds etc when we went last time!! it was zante that made us want to try other greek islands. went to corfu few years ago wasnt so keen on it there. may see you there! 3 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets are here!!!!

Yes Laganas was lovely back in the day wasn't it. The last time we where there was about 9 years ago and iwe could see it was changing. We couldn't face visiting when we where in Zante 2 years ago.

We'll no doubt see you on the flight, we have 2 girls, the youngest is very dramatic so you will probablly see us 1st and run a mile. lol!!!

Have a great holiday!!

Get answers to your questions about Stalis