We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
n.ireland
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

Hi

I am thinking of booking the Grand Hotel Stalis on All inclusive for a family holiday of 2 adults and 2 kids. Does anyone know what the family rooms are like? Do they have a seperate sleeping area for the kids or are all beds in one room. The hotels website says family bungalows have seperate bedroom, but the Thomas Cook site just says the room is a family room and doesnt stipulate 2 seperate rooms?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

Hi there

All the info you need is onthe hotel's website.

http://grandhotel.gr/index.php?ID=the_hotel

newport, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

No No No....avoid avoid avoid.....we were totally ripped off by Thomas Cook

there are no superior rooms and no bungalows....

this is not a good choice.....there are plenty of other good options in Stalis but truly

this is one to give a miss to

Edited: 09 February 2011, 22:35
newport, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

Hi

That was my partner who replied to you there, he is seriously unhappy with The Grand and Thomas Cook. If you read my review which was posted earlier today you will see what we think of the hotel.

Our review is affected by the poor service we received from Thomas Cook and Direct-Line Holidays.

The hotel is very clean and the entertainments team was excellent, but for us that was it. It was August so obviously boiling and very very busy. There were not enough sunbeds, the hills were really steep to climb in the heat and do not pay extra for a superior room. It was suggested to us when we booked that we pay extra for a superior room which in the end was no better if not smaller than the standard rooms we saw. Our children had campbeds (and very saggy ones at that) to sleep on even though we paid extra . We enquired about bungalows but TC didn't know anything about them and we never saw any bungalows. There may have been some built over winter. They do do family rooms which have sliding doors across I think to separate the rooms, we know one family who paid for superior like we did and made such a fuss when they got there and saw their room, they apparently got moved to oneof these room/suites if you can call them that. I don't know how old your kids are but there is a kids club in the day but when we were there the kids were allowed to come and go as they pleased, there wasnt any organised activities as such. The slides are seriously dodgy unless they have been repaired over winter. I dont think they did all inclusive when we were there. We paid for drinks and chips during the day and it wasnt too expensive.

If you want to know more and see more photos of our rooms etc let me know. We are disappointed but I know from the reviews lots of people think it's great but just remember in the summer it will almost definately be very busy and very hot. My partner is still sitting here muttering :0)

Ashbourne, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

hello

we have booked to return to the grand hotel for the 4th year running this summer.

we used a family room the first year - our teens are too old now as most companies stipulate an upper age of 12, even tho' the children's "room" contains two full sized single beds (now we have to book two rooms)

the family room is accessed by one door - straight into the childrens sleeping area - they have their own storage and tv - then a wall and door separates into the main sleeping area - then on again into the bathroom.

insist you are given a room of this type and ensure you book a room of this type - or you may find you are given a standard room with campbeds!

the hotel staff are all exceptional, and we always email the hotel directly, as soon as we've made our booking, and request lower rooms, close to the pool and main facilities, as it's one hell of a hike up to the higher rooms.

we've met many people of many nationalities who return year after year.

the hotel is introducing all inclusive option for the first time this year, we've opted for it too, and from the website, it would appear it's available from 10am to 10pm.

hope this helps - happy to answer any other questions you have - we love this place and it's people!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

I'm probably late to the party on this reply, but, we went to the Grand Hotel in July last year for 1 week. We're going again for 2 weeks in July this year.

For the price you pay at this hotel, I think you'd struggle to get something of the same quality in Stalis or Hersonissos.

I recommended this to my in laws who went in September and also loved it.

I think the poor review is more out of upset for TC, which isn't fair on this hotel. There's more good reviews that poor reviews.

Ashbourne, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

really well said - the negative review is SO unfair on this fabulous hotel - we're there again in july (4th visit!!!) so maybe see you there!!!

surrey
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

i have booked all inclusive at the grand with thomas cook, at time of booking checked times drinks available in all inclusive deal were told finished 1am now been told they have stopped all inclusive drinks at 10pm confused, can anyone clear this up for us?

this is not acceptable can you [please explain

8. Re: Grand Hotel - Stalis/Hersonissos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 19:17