We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

We are looking to travel to Stalis on a self catering basis in early September and have narrowed down our search to 5 places, these being Latania Studios and apartments, Dias hotel, Villa Ritsa, Nikos apartments, and Villa Anna.

They all seem to get reasonably good reviews but could anyone advise if any of these properties would be suitable for 9 month old babies. The room would need to be big enough to accomodate 2 cots and ideally the property would have a baby pool, and easy access for pushchairs.

Any advice is appreciated!

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

Hi Steve

I cannot help with the specifics of the rooms and facilities therein as have not been in any of them.

However, insofar as location, out of the ones you mention I would go for Latania and Dias and count out the other 3. The Latania is the closest to the resort centre (down a lane off the beach road in a quiet location) and Dias is a close walk in and also in a reasonably quiet location. The others are either further out, not so quiet and/or having to cross the main road or go through the underpass to get down to the resort centre etc.

I say the above in the context of you having young babies and believe the two I mention would suit better in your circumstances.

Hope this helps.

Newry, Northern...
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

Having stayed in dias previously would def recommend this hotel, we stayed there in 2010 with four kids the youngest at the time was eight months. Good kids section beside main pool, staff are very child friendly, nice play park good sized apts, jackie the cook prepared baby meals for the wee guy all in all five stars for this excellent hotel, We are returning late August early September and only because of unavailability are staying elsewhere

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

Many thanks for the quick response. I was actually leaning towards Latania anyway so unless anyone has stayed and there and thinks it wouldn't be suitable it looks like my minds made up!

Cheers

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

Posted at same time Cianmcg. That confuses matters! Its always helps to get a good report of someone who has stayed at a property with similar requirements to our own so think I'll have to consider the Dias aswell.

Incidentally how did you travel from the airport to hotel? There will be 6 in our party (4 adults and 2 babies) and we're wondering whether we'll need two taxis or whether ther are companies that offer private minibus transfers

Many thanks

Newry, Northern...
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

Enjoy Latania however it is very central and thus noise levels will be higher, Though as a plus Knossos restaurant next door offers a great play area for kids.

Newry, Northern...
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

You will be able to book coach transport from airport best bet Alpha Rooms website. If you check our review posted July 2010 under Malia 03 it may make up your mind.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

We have stayed at the Latania (twice) and the rooms vary in size but I'm sure if they knew you needed 2 cots they would allocate your room to suit. They also have baths in the bathroom which is a plus point with little ones.

There are gound floor rooms (I'm thinking of you with 2 sleeping babies in buggies) accessed by just a couple of steps and there is a little section of the pool suitable for small children.

As far as noise is concerned we never found it a problem at the Latania - it is very close to the Beach Road but a lot of the accomodation is set further back so you're well away from the hustle and bustle.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

Thanks for all the responses. Dias was actually fully booked for the dates we wanted so that made up our minds for us and we have booked Latania for ten days in early September.

Cheers

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

Glad you have it all booked up Steve - and a good choice in the Latania as it is just up off the beach road and a short walk to the beach, bars, restaurants etc.

Sounds like you will be in Stalis the same time as us as we are there for 2 weeks from 1st Sept.

Edited: 10 July 2012, 19:51
Amstelveen, The...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodation advice - travelling with babies

Any one know if you can get baby food in Stalis ? Or what kind of vegetables / chicken to make my own puree ? Going with 8 month old in August 2012.

Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations