We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
100 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

Hi - Loads of great looking cheaper hotels (Sunshine, and Rainbow for example), but seem to have references to the onsite bar music to 1.a.m.

We are relatively early birds even on holiday , - and wondered if it was possible to get a good cheap hotel / appt, close to the beach and restaurants in Stalis, as I seem to be going around in circles with the reviews at the moment!!

thanks in advance for any advice (go somewhere else perhaps??)

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

Out of the two you mention, the Sunshine would probably be more suitable.

The Rainbow is located along the main road and, while enjoying really good reviews, you would encounter some road noise. The Sunshine is located up a lane off the beach road and will be somewhat quieter as well as being a little closer to the resort centre and beach road etc.

Maybe also have a look at the Latania Apts which is also up a lane off the beach road and relatively quiet and also Dias Apts which is located at the quieter end of Stalis and not too far from the resort centre, beach etc. Another one to consider is the Irilena Apts which is located down a lane off a side road off the beach road and not far from the resort centre and in a fairly peaceful position.

Hope this helps to give you a few options to look at.

uk
Level Contributor
100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

That's some really great information thank you. It's easy to get fixated on reviews without someones first hand perspective. It's more the music / bar noise than road noise (unless busy road) that is the concern for us!

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

It's a pleasure - have fun planning your holiday.

If you want any more info on Stalis and surrounding area, please feel free to ask.

sheffield uk
Level Contributor
231 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

Kyriakos Apts although near main road are very quiet and a great location also. The noise from the road is not as bad as you may think and the bar area very pleasant.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

Hi coinjack

Yes, I agree, the noise from the main road is not as bad as some may think and I stay at La Luna Apts up the road from Kyriakos and find it ok.

From people I know who have stayed at the Kyriakos they say it's good. However, in the light of the OP's specific requirements re "quiet" I have steered away from advising any along the main road. And the Kyriakos, whilst good, is close to the junction with the traffic lights, so maybe other accom in relatively quieter locations would be more suitable. Other than that, the Kyriakos is a good choice.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

I found the Sunshine to be very quiet in the evenings - returning to our apartment at about 11.30ish they was never any loud bar music - usually just a couple of people having a quiet drink.

Of course on BBQ night (Sunday) the place was jumping until after midnight but you can get round that by joining in (it's well worth it!) :)

uk
Level Contributor
100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

Thanks again. I think I may be erring towards the Dias sea view appts, as they seem to be the other side (hotel wise) of the main road, and a little walk out. The poor reviews there seem to come from the studios facing the main road?

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

I would say that would be good choice for you, if you can get it for the dates you want, given your stated needs and requirements. And the Dias is only 5 mins from the start of the beach and the beach road etc and 10 mins walk from the resort centre.

Good luck and have fun planning your holiday.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

Hi - we've been staying at the Latania Apartments for the past three years and this will be our 6th visit when we return next month. We found these apartments to be quiet, even though it is on the beach road, where the tavernas and night life is, but it didn't impact on us at all. This is a family run business and the staff are excellent.

I've read a few gripes about these apartments but we've been very satisfied with our stays there. If we did not like it we would not have returned!!

uk
Level Contributor
100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: a quieter hotel in Stalis for sleeping - possible?

Than you for all your replies. I had a long look at all the hotels, inc google earth to check locations. It seemed like i was compromising what I wanted for the nice beach, so I had a look around again.

I nearly booked Gouves, but ended booking hotels in Plakias, and Georgiopolis instead. I am sure we will visit Stalis at some point in future, so thank you again for the information. :)

Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations