We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some urgent advice please ?

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Some urgent advice please ?

Hi all

I have booked a flight for ten nights in August this year but alas no hotel yet !

I think I have narrowed it down to three ? Would like a hotel near the beach and restaurants etc. With a decent size pool.

We are a couple in our 39's.

Hotel Filia

Sunshine Studios

Aggelo hotel

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or previous experiences ? Seen lots of reviews for sunshine and Filia but not Si many for Aggelo

Kind regards

Angie

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

Hi Ajay

Here is a brief review of location etc re above 3 accom:

Filia - situated along the main road. There is a lane going down the side which will take you down to the beach road, resort centre, restaurants etc in around 3 mins.

Sunshine - situated down a lane off the beach road in a fairly quiet location. Only 1 min max from beach road, restaurants etc and around 3 mins from resort centre.

Aggelo - situated along the beach road and fronted by a fairly new (only 2nd season opened) restaurant called Kostas Golden Beach which is recommended. Close to beach and also around 3 mins from actual resort centre.

It depends what you want but if I were choosing for myself (I like the apartment with pool basis type accom), then I would plump for the Sunshine Apts based on it being in a slightly quieter location than the other two and also the generally good reviews it enjoys. Though all three you have highlighted would be fine given your stipulated requirements.

Hope the above helps and have fun planning your holiday.

england
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

Thank you do much for taking the time to answer, Sunshine was getting towards the top of my list if I'm honest . As Filia has good reviews and I do like fun on holiday but wondered if it was 'too in your face' kind of place going by some of the reviews I've seen.Aggelo does look stunning online but they do weddings so wasn't sure if it was over run by wedding parties which would then make me like an intruder ! Lol

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

Yes, I think the Filia can be a bit 'lively' from what I see, so would suit some but not others. The Aggelo is not overrun by weddings, it's just that there is a tiny chapel to the side so it is just something they promote, you certainly would not feel like an intruder.

I reckon the Sunshine Apts are your best bet from your list of 3. But also have a look at the Latania Apts, Panorama Apts & Dias Apts to give you more options. The 1st is down the same lane off the beach road as the Sunshine. The 2nd is right on the beach road in the centre of Stalis and just across the road from the beach and the 3rd is at the quieter end of Stalis around 5 mins walk to the beach and 10 mins from resort centre but has good reviews. Out of these I think the Panorama most fits your criteria.

Anyway, have a look and see what you think.

London, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

Try the FAN apartments

short walk to the beach and a nice pool last time i stopped there (sept 2011) we had the pool to ourselves.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

Hi AJay - I have sent you a PM.

england
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to reply to me . In the end we plumped for the Aggelo hotel. 12 sleeps and counting ! Xx

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

Hi Ajay

Glad you have it all sorted and booked.

Please will you come back on and give an appraisal of the Aggelo when you come home as this will help others who are considering booking there. I'm in Stalis in Sept and intend having a look round the hotel when I'm there as I will be having a meal at Kostas on at least one evening.

Have a great holiday.

england
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

Of course I will, no worries. I booked directly with the hotel in the end and as part of that the aircon is free so will save lots doing that .

Bristol, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

I'm glad you didn't go for Filia!! We stayed there last time and it was so noisy - loud music til 3/4am and lots of shouting etc. We're not boring farts by any means, but it did bug us after the first couple of days.

It says something about Stalis that we still think of this as being one of our best holidays...even though we had to put up with the noise :-)

england
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some urgent advice please ?

We are going back to the Aggelo next year . It was just perfect . Great location

Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations