We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latania

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Latania

Hi I am thinking of booking the Latania for next summer. It looks lovely but please could anyone tell me if you get plenty of sun around the pool, it looks a bit shady and also if the transfer from Heraklion would be easy enough?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,716 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latania

Most people who visit Crete in the summer welcome a little shade! Some even get desperate for it. You can have no idea how hot and how strong the sun can be until you've experienced it - it's nothing at all like Kent.

I've looked at the photos, and it looks as though there is plenty of sun in the spaces between the palm trees. I don't think you should worry about going short of sun. But perhaps someone who has been there can correct me if I'm wrong.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latania

From what I remember of the Latania the sun moves round the pool as the day goes on. So you can start off in the shade at one side and by afternoon be in full sunshine - similarly, start off in full sunshine and end up in shade.

I do remember moving round the pool to seek shade - I imagine you'd want to move round to seek sun :)

We enjoyed our stay there - apartments were clean and a good size and the staff were friendly and pleasant.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latania

Sorry - forgeot to say that transfer by taxi takes about 25-30 mins and would cost in the region of 45 euro. Shuttle transfers are obviously cheaper but take a bit longer depending on drop offs (probably about 1 hour).

Some people on here use the service bus which is very cheap but I haven't tried that way yet.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Latania

As has already been mentioned above, the position of the pool is such that you will get plenty of sun during the day. The Latania Apts are nicely located up a lane off the beach road and only a short walk to the resort centre and beach etc.

The regular bus service is a good way to get from the airport to Stalis, provided you are not arriving in the middle of the night. It costs under 4 euro each and takes 40 mins. The bus stop at the airport is close to arrivals and the closest bus stop along the main road in Stalis is a manageable walk - around 6 mins or so and it is bus stop no. 29.

I think the Latania Apts would be a good choice for your accom in Stalis.

Kent
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Latania

Thanks very much for all the information, have booked Latania now and am very tempted to try the bus from the airport now that I know how to do it! Thanks again.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Latania

That's good - Latania Apts are in a great location and enjoy good reviews, so you have chosen well.

Yes, the bus is a good & reliable cost effective option for your airport transfer. If you want more specific info as to where the bus stop is when you come out of arrivals and also the bus stop in relation to your accom in Stalis, just come back and ask nearer to your holiday.

I hope you enjoy Stalis and Crete as much as we always do on our hols.

7. Re: Latania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 10:15