We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Going to Stalis in June. Does anyone know how much a taxi wld cost from the airport. We are going to the Sunshine apts which is on the main road in stalis.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Hi there and welcome

A taxi will cost in the region of €45 and there will always be plenty waiting for a fare at the airport. As your hotel is on the main road, you could consider saving a considerable sum of money and take the regular bus to Stalis. Any bus leaving the main bus station in Iraklion the capital will come through the airport to pick up and set down, and just about any bus with Stalis ( obviously ;0), Malia or Agios Nikolaos on the front will stop along the main road in Stalis, just tell the conductor the hotel name and he'll make sure you alight at the correct stop.

To find the bus stops, exit the terminal, turn right, follow the road around to the left, and the stops are there. Same for coming home - any bus that runs along the main road in Stalis with "IPAKLIO" on the front will drop down into the airport before terminating at the main bus station. There'll be a bus every 15-20 mins in June, one way fare around €4.

As another option, check out one of the dedicated transfer companies like Transfers4U, ResortHoppa and the like, usually way cheaper than a cab, but they charge per person whereas a cab will take up to four people for the fare.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
478 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

We paid 45 euro last year to the Sunshine (you'll love it there).

The Sunshine are not on the main road - they're up a little lane leading off the beach road and would be about 10 minutes walk from the bus stop to the apartments if you use the service bus. A taxi will take you up the lane to the door and a coach transfer will drop you at the bottom of the lane (a minute's walk).

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Thanks for help with transport. We are going to go for a taxi as we get in later at night. Can you recommend a taxi company to get in touch with.

Regards

Rosema

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Hi there. The taxi fare from Heraklion airport to Stalis is 40€ top, regardless the time of the day that the transfer is conducted. It's about 30 kms distance and that means a 40€ fare.

If you need any more infos, especially on taxi transfers, let me know

Kostas, info@taxi4crete.gr

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Hi Kostas

I always get the bus at the airport for Stalis and sometimes, while you are waiting at the bus stop, a taxi driver will come along and offer to take you - and the last time he quoted 50 euros, then dropped it to 45, then finally down to 42 euros! I declined and waited for the next bus (only 5 mins) and paid 7 euro 20 for the 2 of us.

Rosema - as you are getting in late at night and have not been to Stalis before, then a taxi is you best option. At least it will take you straight to your accom so you won't have to try and find it when you get to Stalis and the taxi rank is close to arrivals as you come out of the terminal at the airport. Maybe the bus is a good idea on the return journey as it will save you money and all buses through Stalis (which go along the main road) stop off at the airport.

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Good morning npj60,

I never denied that there aren't bad professionals in my business. That's actually my biggest problem, cause especially on my proffesion, unfortunately, we are all the same in the mind of a possible customer: we are "taxis" and not Kostas's taxi or george's taxi, as it is in hotels or tavernas for instance ("that specific taverna isn't worth it but this one, does"). So, all the bad practices that many of my colleagues are applying damaging the image of our "store" in general and not just their own. Unfortunately, i have to live up with it and struggle much more for running better my taxi.

Most of us, haven't realised that lying or deceiving to you, as they are trying to lure you in taking the taxi, is bad practice for the future to come. As most of us haven't realised that someone who intends to use a taxi, most probably is going to take it while someone that is a bus or hired car user, isn't going to take a taxi. Pure and simple as that!...

It's up to us as consumers to judge each professional intependently and then make our choices.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Hi again Kostas

I understand what you mean and that taxi drivers touting for business at the bus stop is kind of "bad practice". 40 euros is about right from airport to Stalis and the fare quoted to me did seem a bit high. Anyway, the 7 euro 20 I paid for the rather pleasant 40 minute journey on the bus was much more to my liking!

I actually use taxis in Crete to get around from time to time and, by and large, find the taxi drivers very friendly, helpful and am quite happy with the fares they charge me. So I certainly have no complaints as to the service they offer me.

Keep up the hard work and I wish you a very successful holiday season this year, as I do all the local bars, restaurants, tavernas and other businesses who help make our holidays to Crete so enjoyable. I am really looking forward to coming over to Crete again later this year and am already counting down the weeks until I get there at the end of August.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Well said, npj60. My feelings precisely. And I too am counting the weeks - though in my case it's "days" now: only 28 to go.

Kostas, your post is interesting. I see the problem, and salute you for soldiering on - and for your straightforward and ethical approach to your business.

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

Thanks both of you for your kind words and encouragement and hoping that everyone will always having a good time holidaying in Crete.

10. Re: Price of taxi from heraklion airport to stalis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2016, 19:59
Edited: 01 March 2016, 19:59
Get answers to your questions about Stalis