We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices.

Stoke-on-Trent...
4 posts
Save Topic
Prices.

Probably been asked 1000 times on here, I've literally booked up today for Stalis at the Anastasia Hotel on a half board basis for late June.

As I'm going half board food isn't necessary as I'll only eat snacky food outside the hotel & I'm just curious to know how much the alcohol is & where are the cheapest places (as I'm a student I need to know such things :D) for both beer & cocktails (love a cocktail abroad!).

I'll also be going to Malia for a couple of nights out, so I get the best of both worlds.

How much would you guys recommend me to take for 7 days?

Many thanks in advance.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices.

Hi there

It's very difficult to tell someone else how much spending money to take on holiday, without knowing whether you're going to want to go on excursions, go parasailing, rent jetskis, hire a car, etc etc etc. If you're going to be down on the beach during the day, then I'd budget 10-15 euro per day for sunloungers, drinks, snacks, ice-creams, etc. and more if you want to go on jetskis and what have you.

A large draught beer starts from 1 euro 40, up to about 2,50. If you drink branded bottles (eg. Bud) they start from about 3,50 (I think, although neither me nor my fella drink them so I'm not 100% on that) but Amstel and Mythos are a bit cheaper than that I think. A spirit with a mixer (branded, eg. Smirnoff, Bacardi, Gordons) starts from 3,50 but "house" spirits will be cheaper. Strongbow is about 4,00 a pint, Magners is more.

The above are Stalis prices. Malia prices I have no idea on - I'm too old to get in Malia, they turn me back at the gates, lol. Might be worth posting on the Malia board :o)

Hope this helps,

Cass

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices.

Oh, and as for cocktails, it depends what your poison is; they start from 5 euro for a basic up to 9 or 10 for rocket fuel :o)

Cass

Stoke-on-Trent...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices.

Thanks for the reply :)

I always go on the local beer, for 1.40 you cant say no!, think I'll go on the cocktails during happy hour ;)

I wont be doing any excursions or anything just alot of drink...but you never know haha.

Thinking 250 euros + £50 just incase.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices.

The night's out in mails will cost near to nothing as it's all about getting u in the bars with giving free booze so just go from one to the next get most the drinks free that's what my daughter did last year . Good choice the Anastasia that's where I stayed last and loved it x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices.

Hiya

The prices I've given were all valid as at 4 October last year, which was the date I flew home from Stalis holiday Part 2 :o( Although a couple of bar owners that I know did say that prices were very unlikely to change for this year as there is so much competition for the tourists' money, the first one to put their prices up will lose an enormous amount of custom, a sort of "who blinks first" scenario.

Bar Rest is the place with beer at 1,40, although I'm not sure what beer it is. The Kaliana (just over the road from Bar Rest) has Hellas Pils at 1,60, and the Rovers Return (just down towards Malia from the Kaliana, don't be put off by the name, it's a really nice bar!) has Lowenbrau for 1,60 as well.

The Rovers Return also do gorgeous cocktails, as does the Kaliana. A new bar called Ocean opened last year which has been done up really well, but it is a bit more expensive - Ocean is on the beach road heading away from Malia, towards Hersonissos.

I reckon 250 euros for a week, plus an emergency £50, will see you right :o)

Cass

County Armagh...
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices.

Def take more than £250 for 1 week abroad!

What about taxis,take aways at night? Dont leave yourself short,nothing ruins a holiday more than counting every 50p

Malia is not a free zone

County Armagh...
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices.

Sorry ,but should have said euro

Have a great time

Staffs
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Prices.

Agree with above - Malia will cost €€'s if you're male and drinking, girls can have a cheap night in Malia if they are in a group and prepared to bar hop.

£250 for a week seems low. I've always worked on €100 a day but that includes all food as we eat out but even so I'd only spend about €20 on dinner and I don't buy snacks later so I'd take €80 a day even if I was Half board. €80 x 7 days = €560 = about £500.

But it is personal as everyone likes different things, I don't drink booze during the daytime but like a few ice lols on the beach, I like draft Mythos and a good meal in the evening, then a few cocktails and then maybe the odd amaretto.

I don't hire quads/mopeds but I may do one boat trip for a change of scenery.

Figure out what you want to do out there, add up the costs and take a bit for things you'e not thought of!

London, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prices.

I think I would have to agree Philado74. I usually budget at about Eur100.00 a day. This allows for the hire of sunbeds, snacks/drinks at lunchtime, a few drinks around the pool during the day and before you go out. An evening meal will normally cost around Eur60.00 for two with the house wine, and finally the bars and pubs to finish the evening off. To be on the safe side there are always extras that are not budgeted for maybe Eur120.00, nothing worse on holiday than watching the pennies, or Eur's's in this case.

Nigel.Kent.

London, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prices.

Forgot to mention the safety deposit box, air conditioning etc, which will probably cost around Eur30.00 each for the week.

Sorry to paint a negative picture but these little extras are sometimes necessary and all add up.

Nigel. Kent.

Get answers to your questions about Stalis