We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches

Hello,

What are the beaches like in Stalis? How many are there? Does anyone have any links pictures?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

Hi,

I just found this - tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g644210-…

looks pretty crowded - is this the only beach option?

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

you need to get to the beach pretty early if you want a sun bed as they go very quick the tide comes in and takes up most the beach too better off staying by the pool. at your hotel

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
905 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

I'm sorry davewal01, but I have to disagree with you there. There are hundreds of sunloungers on Stalis beach, all the way from opposite Maria's Golden Beach restaurant down to the Anthoussa hotel, then a bit of a break then they start again opposite the Cactus Beach hotel, and (i think) go as far as the Alexander Beach hotel. I'm talking about maybe three or four separate beaches, some crowded (mostly opposite Maria's and Cactus Beach) and some quieter. I've been going to Stalis for 11 years, at various times of year, and never have i been unable to get a sunlounger.

The tide never comes all the way in and you can sunbathe from sunrise to sunset if you want; I've done it, and still been on the beach at 7pm, just had to get up to turn my sunlounger round every so often :o)

Prices of sunloungers vary; some places just ask you to buy your drinks from there for the day, others charge 4 euro or thereabouts and include a toasted sandwich or something similar for your lunch.

Hope this helps,

Cass

UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches

Depends where in Stalis you are staying, but there is a huge "deep, sandy " beach in front of the Artemis restaurant, access down the side of the Artemis www.stalis.info/stalis/stadtplan/en-a08.asp (A6 - see map), with showers, sunbeds & flags indicating when safe to swim.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches

Dave (reply 2 above) - "the tide comes in and takes up most of the beach" - this is not possible as Crete has no tide! So, by definition, what you say cannot be correct based on this fact.

On Stalis beach, consequent of there being no tide, the sea merely ebbs & flows a few feet during the day. Therefore it does not take up "most of the beach" and there are plenty of sunbeds available and loads of space on the beach throughout the day.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,501 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches

maybe he meant the wind often gets up in the afternoon, so the waves get bigger??

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches

Well Steve - he specifically stated that the tide comes in and, as there is no tide in Crete, he is factually incorrect. And even if the waves happen to be whipped up on the odd day, they don't "take up most" of the beach in any case. So to sum up, other than the minor facts that, (a) there is no tide, (b)the waves don't take up most of the beach and, (c) there is plenty of sunbeds & space on the beach, I thought Dave's post was a good one and painted an accurate picture of life on Stalis beach!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
478 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches

We had a couple of beds last year right on the front just down from the Anthoussa - by mid afternoon the sea was lapping round the legs. We lifted our bags on to the table and carried on enjoying the beach. Not sure whether that was tide or not or whether they'd just popped another row in at the front as it was busy?

It didn't spoil our enjoyment :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches

Thanks all :)

10. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Stalis