We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

Mornin all !!

Hope someone can help me with this question! We arrive early hours on the 18th of september at the Psaras apts, is there any mini~markets open through the night, so that I can purchase water + milk. Will need me cup~o~tea before bedtime!!

Yours in anticipation,

Bootybezza. x x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

Hi Bootybezza

I don't think there are any 24 hour shops in Stalis at all, unfortunately. When you say "early hours" I'm assuming you mean 1am-2am-ish, in which case there should be a few bars open near the Psaras that will be able to sell you water and milk.

If you're going to be arriving in Stalis much later than 2am, I'd suggest emailing the Psaras before you arrive and ask them if they could put water and milk in your fridge for you, and you'll pay for them on your first morning.

Hope this helps,

Cass

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

Hey Cass, thats a brill idea, I shall do that a few days before we go!! Better put it on the to do list!!

Cheers for getting back to me! Much appreciated.

Regards Bootybezza (Lynn) x

9 weeks, 5 days and counting....................................

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

Alternatively you could get some of those little tubs of UHT milk that don't need refrigerated (I've seen them in the Pound shop) and pop them in your suitcase. Buy a bottle of water on the plane or at the airport.

Of course it won't taste 'the same' but it'll tide you over. If we've been on a late arrival holiday I tend to get some of those instant coffee sachets with milk included - I hate the thought of not being able to have a cuppa :)

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,114 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

Another option could be to buy a pint of milk from Boot's airside and keep it in a coolbag on the flight. We've done that before when arriving at stupid-o-clock.

Not sure if you need water? Although I've visited Stalis several times over the last few years, I've only stayed there once, many years ago. I can't remember what the tap water is like. It's definitely safe, and boiling often gets rid of the minerals which are sometimes in it. But some places along that coast have water which is a bit salty. Maybe npj will see this and advise?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

Hi Steve

Although the tap water in Stalis is safe to drink, it's not particularly nice, and it's not great for brewing up with unfortunately :o( This is only my opinion, obviously, but to me tea made with Stalis tap water always tastes like the milk's gone off, even though it hasn't.

Cass

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,114 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

Fair enough - at least it's not salty like it is in Gouves!

7. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 August 2017, 21:46
Edited: 13 August 2017, 21:46
Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

you can use local water in tea coffee iv just come back and made all our hot drinks with tap water its fine so just take some long life mild in your hold luggage and you will be sorted

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

Thanks to all for taking the time to answer me!! You have given me a few options to ponder on these next 9 weeks! Rest assured, where there's a will, there's a way, I will, be relishing my cuppa within minutes of putting my case down!!

Regards Bootybezza. x

9 weeks, 1 day.........................................

10. Re: Any 24hr mini~markets near Psaras Apts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations