We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitability for people with walking difficulties

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
543 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Suitability for people with walking difficulties

Hi All

We are seriously thinking of booking the Rainbow Apartments in Stalis for next year, and we were wondering how suitable it would be for people with walking difficulties/wheelchair user. In fact would Stalis itself be suitable?

Any replies would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Marian

Edited: 12 September 2013, 12:27
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,816 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

Hi Marian

I am definitely not the expert on Stalis, but I believe that our expert npj60 is currently in Crete in Stalis - hopefully he will be back on the forum soon and will be able to give you lots of information :-)

Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

Hi Rainbow apartments are fantastic and cater perfectly for someone with walking difficulties, however the location may be a problem its across a busy main road and although only less than a 10 min walk from the centre, but if you have walking difficulties it would taking much longer or in a wheelchair there is only 1 subway you can use to get across road which is a few minutes walk away, the other subway has stairs. Maybe somewhere on the beach road would be better so you dont have so far to walk when it is hot,. I hope this helps I live in stalis very close to these apartments

London
Level Contributor
543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

Hi MG and Suzanaki

Thanks very much for your replies, most helpful. I don't think crossing the road would be too much of a problem as I have used the wheelchair many times in both Kos and Spain and obviously crossed many roads. Tingaki in Kos was not the easiest of places to cross the road, but managed very well. The wheelchair is actually an attendant one, which I think makes life easier is most circumstances.

Thanks again.

Marian

Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

Hi, Rainbow would be great if you have one of those wheelchairs but something else to bar in mind rainbow is situated on abit of a blind bend and in order to cross the road after that you have to go along gravel path then theres abit of a kerb, the safest way for you would to head towards blue sea and to pass under the subway or cross there then you can see the traffic from both directions.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

Hi there

I am just back from Stalis today and agree entirely with what Suzanaki says. The apartments themselves are great with some very good reviews, but I feel the location itself may present a problem for a wheelchair user for all the reasons stated.

I also agree that accom along or just off the beach road would be better for you. Stalis itself will be suitable for you provided you stay in and around this area - whilst it has little or no pavements in many places, it is fairly flat along the beach road / resort centre.

If you want some recommendations of suitable accom in the right area, please come back and ask.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

trust you had a good one npj ;)

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

Yes, we had a great time Steve thank you.

Now all I have to do is to save up for next year's holiday!

London
Level Contributor
543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

npj60 - PM sent

Marian

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

Marian - I have just replied to your PM.

I hope you find the info in my reply useful.

10. Re: Suitability for people with walking difficulties

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations