We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels on the beach

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hotels on the beach

right we have decided on stalis thank you too everyone for the information..now I have looked at the hotels all inclusive but I also saw a smaller accomadation on the beach there is a couple of steps down from what looks like were you would eat on to the beach guess what cant find it any ideas or can any one suggest accomadation we don't mind b&bs or apartments ..............

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels on the beach

Hi there

The best way to get the most out of your holiday in Stalis is to go SC or, at most, B&B. Stalis has a great choice of restaurants & tavernas in which to dine and it would be a shame to miss out on such a big part of a Greek / Cretan holiday by going AI.

It is apparent from the title and content of your post that the beach plays an important part of a holiday to you. You have chosen well in Stalis as it has a lovely long sandy beach and a good choice of accom on or within a short walking distance of the beach road.

Insofar as accom, I am unable to identify the specific one you saw from the description above, but here are some recommendations to look at, all either on or just off the beach road and close to the beach and bars, restaurants, tavernas etc:

Soleil Apts - small & friendly and right on the beach in the resort centre; Latania Apts - just up a lane off beach road in relatively quiet location; Sunshine Apts - up same lane just past Latania; Panorama Apts - along beach road across road from beach in centre of resort; Eri Apts - similar to location of Panorama in centre of resort; Aggelo Hotel - along beach road and across road from nearest beach, fronted by a very good taverna (Kostas) and offers various boarding options.

Have a look at the above accom options to start with and see what you think. If there are any other ones you like the look of in your search, come back and ask and I may be able to give some more info re location etc.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels on the beach

Hi there

I'm glad you've chosen Stalis - it's a great resort with something for everybody, and I'm sure you'll have a fab time :o)

From your description of the accommodation, it sounds like Talgo apartments, or possibly Matamy Beach. If it's important to you to have accommodation backing directly onto the beach, rather than being across the road from it, you might also like to look at Ariadne Beach, Neon, Ran Mari and possibly Psaras, although I'm not sure whether Psaras has direct beach access, in addition to the options npj60 has given above.

Cass

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels on the beach

Perhaps the Seagull studios? They are right on the beach.

www.seagull-studios.com/photo-gallery.aspx

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
209 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels on the beach

We have just booked a second visit to Cactus Royal which is just off the beach, many people in Stalis told me this is widely known as the best hotel. Stalis, it certainly is very well run, great facilities and the food is excellent and varied. We go AI, but I understand the comments about eating out, there are some great bars and eateries. I think the hotel does B and B? Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time in Stalis.

sheffield
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels on the beach

thank you to every one for all the information .......................

6. Re: hotels on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations