We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

late night bars and somewhere to eat

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
late night bars and somewhere to eat

Hi hope someone can help.

Will be landing at Heraklion airport on the 20th June, but not till approx 10.10pm.

I'm guessing it will take about 40 mins to get through passport control and collect our luggage(wishful thinking?)

I have pre booked a taxi which I believe takes about 30 mins to get to Stalis.

So I am hoping to be at the Knossos apts by approx. 11.30pm.

We will just dump our bags and then try to get a drink and a bite to eat.

I'm guessing by now it will be midnight,

So is there any bars still open then and what time do they close?

Will we be able to get something to eat at that time a gyros or burger would be fine.

Thanks in advance Tracey

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

Hi, stayed in Malia previously & had a few nights in Stalis. Short answer-you'll have no problem whatsoever for either food or drink. Bars close at varying times so don't worry at all. Enjoy!

Stoke
Level Contributor
105 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

We are travelling to the Knossos this Sunday. First time in those apartments but seventh time in Stalis. For late night food go out of the apartments and turn right, walk down to the beach road and turn left. There are two gyros places both on the right hand side of the road. For other nights the Kotsos next to the Knossos is superb! Stalis is great with loads of bars and tavernas and I'm sure youll love it.

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

thanks for the replies.

tracey

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

SnedStoke

are their late bars near the gyros places also.

can wait now, and the Knossos looks great.

tracey

Stoke
Level Contributor
105 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

If you turn right on the beach road there are three bars close together. The Red Lion, the Rovers and one we call the cheap bar. There is also a late night chip shop by these bars. you can also walk past these for perhaps five minutes to the Beachcomber- they have live music here. Beyond the aforementioned gyros places there are a number of bars especially Irish bars. You will not be stuck for somewhere to eat and drink! Enjoy your holiday..

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

Lots of bars and eating places will be open along the beach road after you have arrived. Just walk down from the Knossos Studios, take a stroll along the beach road and see what takes your fancy, you will be spoilt for choice.

shipley,west...
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

The Red Lion is open late as said and is a great place, think this is the same place that has been mentioned but the take away near the Red Lion is so good, we went there a few times and always had nice food.Feeling withdrawal symptoms, wish I was going soon, love the place.

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

thanks for all the replies.

looks like we will have no trouble finding late night refreshments.

tracey

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
322 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

hi will there be many places open mid October to eat around midnight thanks

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,383 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: late night bars and somewhere to eat

HI there

The season officially finishes at the end of October when the direct flights usually stop to Crete, so "usually" the resorts start to wind down towards the middle of October, it also depends on how many tourists are actually staying in the resort. However, this year things could be different as Easyjet have extended their direct flights from Gatwick until the last week in November, whether this will have an impact on the length of the season, we wait to see...

But yes you will be able to find places to eat late even in the middle of October, as long as the apartments and hotels are still booking in tourists, the tavernas will still be open :-)

Edited: 02 July 2014, 12:14
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations