We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water city

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Water city

Has anyone been to the waterpark called water city? Just wondered what it was like. I've read some very mixed reviews but it seems to be the place that has the biggest rides

Also I notice with the waterparks it seems to be wrist bands and you pay on the way out. Anyone know if you can pay by card? I know cash is king but worried about not taking enough and having to carry a lot

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water city

We went to Acqua Plus which is nearer to Stalis and they took a card at the exit no problem, I'd say they were actually more of a card place than cash. I'd be surprised if Water City were any different. There is €4 discount online and in local maps, we had a lovely time and some of the slides were great. Couldn't really fault the place but the changing rooms almost like an afterthought!

We went around 3.00 and had 3.5 hours just as the place was thinning out with no queues in the last hour. We also went on a Wednesday so we could stop off after at the Mohos Cretan dance night for a (prebooked) welcome meal in the square, it's only 20 minutes or so.

Plus, If you have transport and want to make a full day of it, go via Hersonissos in the morning and stop at the fabulous Aquaworld Aquarium, have some lunch nearby and go just up the road to Acqua Plus after!!

This makes for an interesting loop along the coast, up into the mountains and back down to Stalis for drinks after your meal

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,553 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water city

I've been to Watercity 3 times over the years. Yes, you now pay for food and drinks on exit, I imagine you can pay by card but I'm not sure.

One thing I would say is that if you can get there and back with your own transport, it gets a lot quieter after the tours have gone, usually about 4.30 or so. After then the queues are more or less non-existent till it closes between 6 and 6.30, whereas in the middle of the day sometimes you can be waiting 10-15 minutes for a ride, particularly if you are in high season.

It's about 3km up (definitely up!) from Kokkini Hani. It's easy enough to get to KH, but sometimes difficult to get a taxi there. Coming back you may be lucky and find a taxi, but it's a nice enough walk down if you don't mind stretching your legs. The quick way to walk down is to go past the big restaurant next to the Waterpark entrance, then walk down the road at the side of the Waterpark, and turn right at the bottom and follow that road into the western end of KH, you come out by bus stop 3.

Edited: 03 August 2014, 00:57
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
296 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water city

Does anyone know the finishing up date at this park ?

4. Re: Water city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations