We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolicka... (Some Greek).. Veryyyyy nice..Veryyy tasty..

Which Stalis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knighton, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Chocolicka... (Some Greek).. Veryyyyy nice..Veryyy tasty..

The donut seller on the beach was the highlight of our day. Everybody smiled when they heard him shouting with his donuts in the tray and holding them above his head. He must be the richest man in Greece.. He must have sold hundreds of the things during the day for 2 euros.

The other sellers were just boring compared to this guy.. They would just stand there for a few minutes.. And off they would go selling very little..

I loved our time on the beach and always went where Nemos bar is. 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas 6 euros a day. Perfect.Beautiful sandy beach and not a stone in sight. I was surprised how windy it was there and even had red flags one day.

Loved Stalis

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolicka... (Some Greek).. Veryyyyy nice..Veryyy tasty..

We love the special donuts guy! Especially the older one with his little dog who either ran on the beach alongside him or in his bag when his little legs got knackered lol

Haven't seen the dog for a couple of years though :-(

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolicka... (Some Greek).. Veryyyyy nice..Veryyy tasty..

"Spesssseeeaaallll donuts! Veeeeerrryyy fresh!"

You're right, everyone does smile when they hear this - especially my fiance, who then spends the next five minutes grappling with a donut about the same size as his head!

The best one was one day when he was calling out the various donut fillings: "Chocolata! Soogar! (assumed this was plain with sugar coating) Marmalada!" *stops for a second and thinks* "No, jam!" We did laugh at that one, bless him!

Cass

Chatham kent
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolicka... (Some Greek).. Veryyyyy nice..Veryyy tasty..

Yes we are just back and your post made me smile . The strawberry donuts were so yummy.

We sat at mythos waiting to hear the donut man call.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chocolicka... (Some Greek).. Veryyyyy nice..Veryyy tasty..

Hi, It will be our first visit to Crete and was wondering about the donut man. Where do we find him?

Any other advise on great "EATS" would be appreciated. Are there any cooking classes?

Thanking in advance.

Haywards Heath...
Level Contributor
263 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chocolicka... (Some Greek).. Veryyyyy nice..Veryyy tasty..

believe me you'll hear him if your on the beach

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chocolicka... (Some Greek).. Veryyyyy nice..Veryyy tasty..

Hi Chutski

The donut man makes about two trips a day up and down the main beach (behind Artemis, Themis, Mythos, Irish House, etc.). You can go looking for him if you want to, or you can just chill out on your sunlounger and wait for him to pass by.

As regards other eating places, I've not had one bad meal in nearly 20 visits to Stalis, and we make a piont of trying out one different place every time we go so we 're not just sticking to our favourites. You'd have to be very unlucky to pick a bad one :o)

I have never heard of there being any cooking classes held in Stalis - it's not really that type of resort. You could try Googling for Cretan cooking classes, but I think any that there are will be in Agios Nikolaos and/or Elounda.

HTH,

Cass

7. Re: Chocolicka... (Some Greek).. Veryyyyy nice..Veryyy tasty..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations