We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
469 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

Hi, I have been looking at these apartments and wonder which would be more suitable for a family with 2 children aged 11 and 7. Never been to Kefalonia before but have visited several greek islands before we had children. We like a fairly laid back quiet resort so have narrowed it down to Lassi, also due to the flight and transfer time not being too long. San Lorenzo Village is the favourite at the moment - just wondering if the main swimming pool depth is not too deep for the children and whether anyone with children has been and what they thought of the place. Been holidaying in Menorca the last few years but Kefalonia has always been on my list of places to go and think the children will be ok now with the slightly longer flight. Any thought/comments greatly appreciated.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

Hi!

Haven't stayed in these places, so can't comment on the pool. All I can say is that they are right next door to each other, just off the main road near Supermarket Lassi. You will be about 10 minutes walk away from Makris Gialos, probably the best beach on Lassi. Sandy and a very shallow slope into the sea, so perfect for children. It does get very busy because it's so good. A little further away is a small beach known locally as Antonio's Beach. It is also sandy and is ideal for children as you can go out quite a long way before it gets too deep.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
469 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

Thanks so much for your reply. We will probably hire a car as I want to see more of the island than just the resort - it looks so beautiful it would be a shame to go all that way and not see it. We would want to drive to a few other beaches so if you have any recommendations of any that are good for the children and easy to get to that would be great.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

Hi! I don't have much experience of other beaches on Kef - I am sure that others will post.

Definitely avoid Myrtos Beach. It is beautiful to view from above but is pebble (very uncomfortable) and slopes very steeply into the sea.

Assos is a beautiful village with an impressive Venetian fort. There is a tiny beach in the harbour, but enough for the kids to enjoy.

For a great family day out I recommend the glass bottomed boat trip from Argostoli. 50 euros including BBQ lunch (cheaper for kids). Some video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgW-jmI-gnY

PM me if you want further details.

Colin

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

If you have a car there are some lovely beaches to visit and some fairly close by. Ammos, Ai Helis, Avithos, Aghia Thomas, Lourdas, Katelios, Mounda bay, Skala.

Paliki peninsular. Xi, Atheras, Petani and Agios Nikolaos.

There are many others, take a look at this guide ionian-island.co.uk/forums/content.php/26-Ke…

Leeds
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

I'd say San Lorenzo Village. Super friendly, incredible views, the pool is shallow enough for a 7 year old in the shallow end and there's a kids pool if not!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
590 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

I have stayed at the Marinos twice and they were everything we wanted, although we were not with children. Can't comment on San Lorenzo.

I would say though to hire a car- it is a beautiful Island, with plenty of places to visit.

Another great beach not far from Lixouri for children is Lepeda- with little shallow pools for he children and not much of a current.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
469 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

Thanks for all your replies - they are most helpful. Swaying towards SLV at the moment.

Stoke-on-Trent...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

Hi

Going to the San Lorenzo Village in a couple of weeks time,

Can anyone tell me if the apartments have safety deposit boxes please.

Frank.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

stayed at the san lorenzo village superb, and yes they have safety boxes

Stoke-on-Trent...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: San Lorenzo Village or Marinos?

Thanks Cherub

Really excited now, heard so many good reviews about the place.

Frank.

Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations