We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wasp etc June time

Which Lassi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
48 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Wasp etc June time

Hi everyone,

Last year we visited Corfu in September and at that time there was a wasp problem due to harvesting the Grapes. My friend also visited Skiathos in July and said that she was bitten alive by mosquitos. Just wondering what June is like for weather and insects in Lassi?

Thanks,

Jenny

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wasp etc June time

Not sure about June but we went end of August one year and the wasps spoiled our holiday nightmare it was.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wasp etc June time

Hi Jenny,

Weather good in June with small chance of shower - but the rain is warm.

Early June you may need a light cardigan or similar for evenings.

We were in Kefalonia at the end of May last year and had no problem with either wasps or mozzies.

We were not in Lassi so perhaps someone will have more accurate help.

Bob

halifax
Level Contributor
878 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wasp etc June time

We usually go to kefalonia in September and there are usually wasps then as there are everywhere at this time of year even in the UK.

I dont think you will have much trouble with them in June.

We did not have many mozzies but we may have just been lucky.

The worst place ever for us was Corfu in September I was eaten alive, but again this can depend on the weather and we did have a very humid night and thunderstorm at that time..

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wasp etc June time

Hi!

We usually stay in Lassi in August.

Mosquitos: We kept doors and windows closed and used plug-in repellents at night. We never had problems with the little critters during the day.

Wasps: never a problem.

I don't know whether it's different in June, but I'd have thought August would be worse being warmer.

Colin

Edited: 06 March 2013, 19:26
staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wasp etc June time

we went Last June no Wasps but the mossies were about but not that bad used plugs in room and bought a citrenellla candle for our veranda at night.

we didnt get bitten.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wasp etc June time

Hi!

Just a couple of points that I forgot to mention:

1. You are more likely to have problems with mosquitos in the late afternoon and evening as it cools down.

2. I read an article that concluded that various anti-mosquito remedies (brewer's yeast, garlic etc) work well for some people but fail miserably for others. The only truly effective repellents are products containing DEET. It's nasty stuff and should be applied outdoors (we use a spray can) but it works. We chose a spray with the highest concentration of DEET and sprayed our legs every evening before we went out to eat and we never had a problem.

Colin

redditch
Level Contributor
214 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wasp etc June time

Hi we go june 25/26th most years and you see an ocassional wasp but nothing serious,this said from a woman who was in thassos in sept and was seen running up and down the beach running in and out the sea like a lunatic,much to my o/h ammusement!!

I will just add i got stung rather nastily right on the nipple, so i looked very strange,with one boob soooo much bigger than the other!!

We also go the last week of aug or first week in sept,and hardly a wasp in sight!!

ENJOY

Edited: 08 March 2013, 19:25
Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wasp etc June time

Hi zoolou,

Your reply immediately made me think of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2_eBuhHF5s

Colin

5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wasp etc June time

Very strange question..you do see the occasional wasp sometimes, but just waft it away..problem solved.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wasp etc June time

I was on kefelonia last July and in September as well and the wasps were equally bad each time....obviously not enough to keep me away as I am already booked for July this year . The first days we were there I thought " I can't handle these frickin things" but then you just kind of adapt and all the other wonderful aspects of the island take over. My husband's fanta seemed to attract them but I stuck with cold Mythos every meal just to be on the safe side :). Go and Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations