We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

Burnham-on-Crouch...
4 posts
Save Topic
San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

Hi there, we are staying at San Lorenzo Village for a week in mid May, does anyone know whether beach towels can be hired or are supplied? Also any ideas on general weather, have had mixed reviews, some say unsettled, some nice and warm so not sure! Also we will be travelling with our 3 year old son, does anyone know whether there are any trips that would be suitable for us all, he loves the water, fishes etc, so am thinkiing that type of thing if possible? Am grateful for any advice anyway, many thanks in advance:-)

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

hi

yes you can hire beach towles from the bar in San lorrenso the last couple of times I have been they take a 10 euro deposit for the towel which you get back when you hand it in. I aways go in July so weather aways hot and sunny but i think in may it is nice an warm but can get some rain and it does cool off in the eveing. I am sure that you will have a great time. i am looking frward to returning in July for my 4th visit.

Burnham-on-Crouch...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

Hi, that's great thank you, at least the cases will be slightly lighter if we don't have to pack towels then:-) the fact that you are returning is a good sign, I can't wait! Thanks again:-)

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

Hi!

Make sure that there's no confusion between the San Lorenzo Village and the San Lorenzo hotel.

Colin

Burnham-on-Crouch...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

Hi

Thank you, we are off to San Lorenzo Village rather than the hotel, though they both look nice:-)

Thanks for your comments though, I think I'll put a couple of small towels in just I'm case!

Cheers

Helen

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

Hi it is the village I am talking about so deffinaly no problem with the towels! They were up graded lest year so they now highest quality Greek self catering I have ever stayed in. The pool is great 33 meters long and there is a small children's pool too and I think there is a small children's play area at the back of one of the blocks of appartments. Have a great holiday.

Amy

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

i stayed there about 5 years ago have the rooms been refurbished

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,274 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

Hi Helen,

The weather:- will be warmer than the UK. Last year we went mid May. People we met who had been there the previous week had had 4 days rain. We had 1 day with some rain, and two thunderstorms later on in the evenings. These were great as we could sit in the tavernas and watch the lightning over the mountains. The rain was warm.

During the evenings I needed a long sleeved shirt and my wife wore a light cardigan (with other clothes!).

Not having young children I cannot be much help re suitable trips except that there is a trip on a glass bottom boat. Part of the trip involves a beach barbecue where, when we went, to get on the beach you got off the boat in about 5ft of water and waded ashore. Not sure if this is suitable.

One thing your son would like is a trip to Argostoli harbour next to the market. In the mornings there are usually two or three large turtles waiting for fish thrown overboard by the fishing boats crews who are selling their catch.

Hope that has been a bit of help

Bob

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

Hi Yes they did a lot of work on them while they were closed for winter in 2011 they all had bew bathrooms and showers they had extensions so that the bathrooms are now bigger. They have been painted ( they are still the pretty pastel shades) They we're building a villa there too so that they can now house large groups together. The year befor they did up the bar area so they now serve breackfast and you can get an evening meal up there too. Fantastcs views out to sea but they didn't do that every night. I don't think you could beat it the standard it is now!

Essex
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

Hi both

Thanks so much for your help, the trips sound wonderful Bob so thanks for the recommendatons. My son would definitely love the turtles in the harbour so will be sure to look that one up. We quite fancy the glass bottom boat trip too so will see when we are out there what they say about youngsters, thanks so much for your help though, much appreciated.

Thanks Amy too, glad to hear about the beach towels, that'll definitely help with the luggage allowance! The photos look great and the reviews have been nothing but positive so now I'm even more excited!

Thanks very much all of you:-)

Helen

10. Re: San Lorenzo Village, Lassi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations