We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
399 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Money

How much in euro's a day do you think I need for 2 adults self catering for 14nights (in reality that is really 13 days of spending money). We have breakfast in the apartment (toast) and usually make a sandwich or have a snack for lunch but always eat out for our evening meal.

I was budgeting about €150 per day to cover food and alcohol (with the odd trip). I am also hiring a car (not out of my €150 per day budget). Having seen some of the reviews regarding eating out I am wondering if I am over/under budget?

Flying out on Tuesday and intend buying my euro's tomorrow so any advice would be appreciated

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money

I would say on average €100 a day . we budget this and perhaps take a bit extra sterling for emergencies.

we went begining June and petrol was 1-76 a litre . we spent on average €45 euros for an evening meal for us and our grandson then we went back to hotel bar for drinks.

Hope Valley, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money

Hi I think that should be plenty (if not a bit to much). We do the same as you for breakfast and lunch and we took approx 100-120 euros per day for 2 adults and 2 children. We never scrimped on drinks etc, usually a one/two course meal and ate out every night. This budget did not include carhire. Have a great time!

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
399 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money

Thank You both for your help. It seems that I have budgeted about right then.

Off to buy the euro's now.

Tuesday morning can't come round soon enough - taxi booked for the airport and early flight so should be in the sun early Tuesday afternoon

Edited: 29 June 2013, 09:24
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money

€100 a day does us for lunch and dinner out (with wine and pre-dinner coctail) and sun beds. And we brought €100 home.

All depends what kind of things you eat / drink. Steak / fresh fish and drinking spirits can double your bill.

Sounds like you have a generous budget, enjoy your holiday 😀

5. Re: Spending Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations