We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from airport

home
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from airport

Hi,

I just came across a web site where you can pre book a taxi for 20 euro (airport to Lassi) is it worth doing this or are there plenty of taxis on arrival at the Airport to take us to Lassi?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from airport

No need to pre-book a taxi, there are always plenty outside the airport.

home
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from airport

I thought there would be. Many thanks for your reply.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,421 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from airport

Hi Alexander,

There are usually enough taxis outside when a charter flight arrives because lots of people are on coach transfers. However if you are arriving on a Easyjetflight, as nobody has transfers, there have been a couple of times when the taxi rank empties. However some are soon back.

I would risk not booking!

australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from airport

Hi, there,

Can anyone tell me if it is true that there is NO money change office a t the airport at Lasi?

Is it also correct that the taxi driver from the airport into Lasi city will probably NOT accept Euros, but local currency only?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from airport

I don't know much about Lassi. But I have seen a cash point outside the Airport where you can get Euros with a bank card.

Not seen a money exchange office at the small airport.

Not sure what you meant with 'local currency only'. The Euro is the local currency in Greece. I am not aware of any other legal tender in Greece and/or Kefalonia.

I'm sure someone will be over soon to tell you about money exchange in Lassi.

Level Contributor
4,067 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from airport

Hi AlbaniaT. The local currency, as Thea65 says, is the Euro. Don't know if there's a cash machine at the airport but there are in Lassi, there's one on the main road opposite Trentis Bar. p.s. don't expect Lassi to be a "city"!!!!!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,421 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from airport

Hi,

Yes, There is an ATM cash machine outside the airport building. As you leave the building turn left and it is on the wall of the building.

We did hear a complaint last year from one disgruntled visitor who complained that in the morning when the sun shone on the machine it was difficult to read the screen!!

There is an ATM in Lassi and several in Argostoli.

Lots of tourist shops will change Sterling and US dollars into euros but I confess I have not noticed whether they change Australian dollars. If they do then come back here and let us know so we can help more people in future.

The rate you get in these shops is usually a bit worse than you would get in a bank.

Enjoy the island

Bob

Level Contributor
4,067 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from airport

That's why I havent seen an ATM at the airport Bob, we come out & turn right to the carpark

9. Re: taxi from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations