We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visit to Kefalonia..lot of questions to ask!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time visit to Kefalonia..lot of questions to ask!

Hello!! i was wondering if you can spend sterling travellers cheques in Lassi or are you better off just takng euros' with you? Also what time is the best time to get down to the main beach makris yialos to get a sun bed for the day? Lastly... i know it sounds mental but.. do local supermarkets sell brand sun tan lotion and shampoo like in England? We have 15kg luggage so i was trying to buy "stuff" like shampoo and body wash, toothpaste when i was there! Appreciate any advice or tips for Lassi folks, like place to eat and car hire.... we go 15th august for a week with my children and i just want to have a lovely stress free time....cheers melanie.

England
Level Contributor
208 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time visit to Kefalonia..lot of questions to ask!

Hi, dont know who are fly with but if it is Monach we got allowance changed for £8 each up to 20kgs and certainly think it was cheaper for the extra things we could take from home. Have a great holiday.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
87 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time visit to Kefalonia..lot of questions to ask!

Thought I'd jump in on this thread and see if anyone could advise of any bars with Sky Sports in Lassi (or Argostoli if you know any). Just got a chance to catch a game I would have gone to thanks to Sky's meddling with the fixture lists!!

I'm actually staying in Svoronata but I've been given the impression I may have more luck in Lassi or Argostoli.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 16:21
Surrey, England
Level Contributor
400 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First time visit to Kefalonia..lot of questions to ask!

Trentis bar or Il Gabbiano bar in Lassi have Sky sports on their big TV's....

Level Contributor
4,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First time visit to Kefalonia..lot of questions to ask!

Trentis. Or any bar with novasport (Greek channel that shows all Prem games)

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First time visit to Kefalonia..lot of questions to ask!

Hi Mel

I'm sure you and the kids will absolutely love it.

Don't worry about shopping - all the supermarkets will sell branded sun oils and lotions and probably at a cheaper price than the airport terminals! If you get the bus into the main town, Argostoli, there are some larger supermarkets where the prices will be cheaper than in the resort.

Also, if you drive, you could hire a car - Lassi is in the perfect position for using as a base for sightseeing. On one day you could try Assos, Fiscardo and Sami, the next day Argostoli and Lixouri and the third day could be spent going to Poros, Skala, Katelios and Lourdas.

Have a great time!

Stuart

16. Re: First time visit to Kefalonia..lot of questions to ask!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations