We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hot or not

essex
Level Contributor
667 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hot or not

could someone please tell me what the weather is like in October thanks

Level Contributor
3,686 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hot or not

Hi. Never been in Oct, but forecast for 1st & 2nd is 23 deg. Which will be much better than home!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hot or not

Hi there

When in October? There's likely to be a considerable difference between the start and end of the month

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hot or not

Hi,

I have been the first two weeks in October once.

The weather was mostly warm enough to sunbathe on the beach and also to swim. Sometimes a breeze made standing around in the sea a bit chilly. We had a couple of showers of rain that did not last long.

In the evening I sometimes needed a long sleeved shirt and my wife needed a lightweight cardigan.

Sat and watched a couple of fantastic thunderstorms with lightning over the mountains on two evenings.

Second half of October - No idea!

Bob

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hot or not

I went to Lassi 2nd Oct last year and the weather was lovely and warm during the day, and 3 nights of storms and lots of rain. But didn't spoil the holiday by any means :-)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hot or not

Try this link wunderground.com/history/…calendar

It is the data collected from the airport's weather station, you can go back as many months or years as you want to get a good idea of what to expect.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hot or not

Nice link Anne!

North Lincs
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hot or not

I agree it's a nice link. I note that last year however, there was 4 consecutive days of thunderstorms mid September which is when I'm going this year! Hope the weather is kind to us, and to Busteressex if you go in October.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hot or not

We normally go May and September when we can. September can be a bit hit and miss if it does rain it can be cloudy for a couple of days after it depends where you are staying but still be 25c. Skala end of the Island gets more rain as it is at the end of the low mountain range you see when using the transfer bus because of the prevailing wind when it is cloudy, Lassi on the other hand still gets some rain but it clears up quicker. I can tell you we have had only 1 bad mid September holiday in 10 visits where it rained (showers) more than 4 days in a row. Average shower days mid Sep two days, and it never puts us off Skala end on the Island

The airport is at the dry end of the Island so remember that when using the weather chart I mentioned.

Happy Holidays Everyone.

9. Re: hot or not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 07:19