We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

I just booked myself an "impromptu" week in Pythagorion from 26 June till 3 July. Hooray for me ! I haven't been on a "sun & beach & taverna & sand between your toes" vacation for the last 24 years. Was on Corfu in 1985 and on Crete in 1986. Otherwise I have spent all my euros in Paris.

So........ I'd like to know: what kind of outings could one take from Pythagorion ? I will NOT be renting a car nor (God forbid !) a scooter, so it will have to be by boat, bus or horse carriage. Touristy ? Fine !

Otherwise I plan just to flatten myself out in a deck chair with a stack of murder-story novels at hand and cold drinks ! And stuff myself with that dee-li-shus Greek cuisine. And create tsunami panic alert by launching my petite self into the turquoise sea.

Staying at Iphigenia - alledgedly a small apt.hotel in central town. Hopefully no cockroaches in the bed........

Edited: 10 June 2010, 18:42
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,749 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

Here you can see some of the sights\attractions of Pythagorion:

http://tinyurl.com/l6fy4z

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

Hi GitteK

you will love Pythagorio! take yourself for a gentle stroll down to the beautiful marina in the early evening and you will see yachts and small boats all lined up before you. Many will have boards outside advertising excursions the following morning - these can range from a short excursion to a nearby beach with maybe a picnic or barbecue included or a trip a little further afield with swimming or fishing. It's a very enjoyable way to spend the day and make new friends! There are some fantastic places to eat out in the evening in Pythagorio and it's a good place to enjoy a cocktail and watch the sun go down

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

We have stayed at the Iphegenia many times & it is in the heart of the town up a leafy alleyway. Never seen a cockroach or other creepycrawlies as the apartments are very clean. They are owned by Anna & Vasilis who keep the hardware shop on the main street. The apartments are fairly basic, clean & had no aircon when we last stayed there (have not stayed for a few years). There boat trips from the harbour which is about a 5 minute stroll from your apartment. The best of the trips are run (as of last year) by captain Yiannis who is moored with his boat parallel with the quay on your side of the harbour. Other trips are run to Samiopoula island & Psilli Amos beach.

Have fun 12barbluesman

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

OHHHHH, thank you, thank you !!! This is so great news. I just can't wait to take those evening strolls along the marina, sniffing for a really fun excursion to choose for the next day.

Only 2 weeks minus 1 day now !!!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

The harbour is nearest to you & caters for local fishing boats, ferries,& visiting yachts. The Marina is situated outside town so if you ask about `the marina` you may be directed away from the area of the restaurants & tavernas etc. 12barbluesman

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

OH ?? Thank you barbluesman ! Yes of course - a marina is for yachts. I'll stay at the harbour with the tavernas......

;0)

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

Just back from a week in Paradise.

Captain Jiannis and his delightful Norwegian wife Elisabeth are the most loveable people you will ever meet. You come back from their boattrips with sun in your heart and smiling eyes.

I went on their "swim and sun" trip to the island Samioupoula and later in the week on their evening trip to the village Posidonio - where the charismatic Captain danced and danced.

He is a true legend, a strong personality and a warmhearted man. I understand why the wee, gentle Elisabeth would choose to marry this rowdy, old mariner - instead of doing the sensible thing and take some random, milky-white bankadvisor from Stavanger called Knut-Eirik.......

(no offense to Norwegian men....... LOL !)

Edited: 07 July 2010, 11:35
8. Re: Boat excursions and other daytrips ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pythagorion
Recent Conversations