We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pythagorion Beach

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Pythagorion Beach

Thinking of going to Pythagorion this year. Can anyone tell me what the beach is like at this particular resort ? Is it sand or pebbly, do you need shoes ? Also do they charge for sunbeds etc, and how much ?

Also, what is the night life like ? We like a bit of a buzz, but not the clubbing/brits abroad usual stuff.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,069 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pythagorion Beach

Hi,

Just to the East of the harbour, just outside, is a small sandy beach, Remataki, Passable with several tavernas behind.

Just to the west is a 3 mile long beach passing the airport runway, Potokaki and on to Ireon. That is mainly pebbles/shingle. Beyond Ireon are some white shingle/pebble beaches.

Excursion boats go to a number of beaches like Psili Ammos which is as the name suggests a sandy beach with usual tavernas/rooms behind.

There are sunbeds on all these, but I never use them.

There are a couple of nightclubs in Pythagorion and some music bars, It's not an 18-13s Brit resort, more European/Greek.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pythagorion Beach

Thanks for the quick response. Last year we went to Parga and really liked it there. Can anyone tell me if Pythagorion on the same par as Parga ?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,069 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pythagorion Beach

To answer that and your other question. Parga and Kokkari are broadly rather similar to Pythagorion. Kokkari is perhaps smaller than the other two.

So is Skala on Patmos a couple of hours on the ferry from Pythagorion.

In general I stay in all three Kokkari > Pythagorion > Patmos. It makes an excellent round trip and you don't have to make such big decisions...

Edited: 26 May 2014, 14:51
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pythagorion Beach

The east beach last year had free sunbeds ,they hope you will eat in the bars . Also at the extreme East end of this beach there is an area called `Paradise beach` where there was last year a caravan making delicious dishes of the day also omelets etc. The food was 100% flavour ,traditional Greek & we often ate lunch there, no frills but some of the best food in Samos.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pythagorion Beach

Thanks for your help everyone. I think a booking is getting close :)

6. Re: Pythagorion Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pythagorion
Recent Conversations