We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 weeks to go!

Which Skala Rachoniou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
coulby newham
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Topic
11 weeks to go!

11 weeks to go before our first visit to Thassos!

We are staying in Zafira Studios in Skala Rachioni.

Just pre booked our seats on the flight and got a hotel booked at Manchester Airport for the night before as the flight departs at 06.15 on the Sunday 11 May.

Hopefully we will get a good early ferry crossing on Sunday afternoon.

So excited! Ready for the sunshine!

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
790 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 weeks to go!

If your flights on time you should catch the ferry at about 1 pm on the island by 1.45 and booked into your hotel by 2.30 pmish.

coulby newham
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 weeks to go!

Brilliant! Thanks Aliki! Sounds very similar to the timings on our Skopelos holiday last September!

Time to unpack, a dip in the pool, quick grocery shop for essentials, then a snifter on the balcony before going out to a lovely Greek taverna! Perfect!

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
790 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 weeks to go!

I have been to Skopelos really liked it especially Skopelos town, Thassos has better beaches than Skopelos and the roads are better, the main road hugging the coast all the way around the island.

Thassos is Green like Skoplelos which I would say is greener than Thassos, May is a beautiful time on the island as all the flowers are out on the beaches and mountains and it is not too busy, if you liked Skopelos you will like Thassos!!

coulby newham
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 11 weeks to go!

Ah, thats what I like to hear! We loved Skopelos and are going back in September.

Just purchased a Latino party CD. Reminds me of holidays! I know its not typically Greek but still gets me in holiday mode!

Yes, I am a bit mad!

Nic

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 11 weeks to go!

Hi,

Just reading some forums and I noticed we are flying out the same time as you.

Any idea what the weather is like in May?

We have been to parga in May and the weather was lovely but parga is further south.

Keeping my fingers crossed as we are there for 2 weeks.

Counting down the days lol!!

Malton, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 11 weeks to go!

We went last year 12th may and had 2 weeks of glorious hot sunshine just a bit cooler on a night no need for air-con.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 11 weeks to go!

Lovely thank you. Getting very excited now!!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 11 weeks to go!

Hi, staying in Thassos for 2 weeks in may never been before but sounds lovely,would you know how much a beer or glass of wine cost just wondering!,,,,,,,

kent
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 11 weeks to go!

Just over 9 weeks for us :) staying in golden beach - can't wait to see everyone's reviews when they return from their earlier visits. Hope you have a lovely time.

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 11 weeks to go!

We stayed at the Zafira for the 2nd time last June and have already booked for June 2015! You will really enjoy it. The prices for drinks and food are really reasonable both at apartments and in nearby tavernas. Try the BBQ which is great value for money and a good night. Meze night good value too. Hope you enjoy Thassos and the Zafira. Sure that you will and cant wait for our next holiday there. One of our favourite places.

Get answers to your questions about Skala Rachoniou