We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel La Darsena

Toronto
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel La Darsena

I am going to Agropoli in June and staying @ Hotel La Darsena. Anybody else out there going? There seems to be very little information available regarding the Agropoli area. If anyone has received any feedback on this area or hotel, it would be appreciated if you could post something in the forum. Thanks so much!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Agropoli
Agropoli
369 Reviews
Agropoli, Italy
Hotel La Darsena
Hotel La Darsena
313 Reviews
Agropoli, Italy
Palazzo Dogana Resort
Palazzo Dogana Resort
#1 of 14 hotels in Agropoli
La Camilla Camere & Wellness
La Camilla Camere & Wellness
#2 of 14 hotels in Agropoli
Hotel Mare
Hotel Mare
#3 of 14 hotels in Agropoli
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel La Darsena

We are going to Hotel La Darsena May 30th. There does seem to be very little information. I will gladly post when we return if it will help. When do you leave?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Darsena
Hotel La Darsena
313 Reviews
Agropoli, Italy
Toronto
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel La Darsena

We leave June 20th and are flying back on June 29th, spending a night in Rome @ the Hotel Canada. I would appreciate hearing from you when you get back. Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Edmondston
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel La Darsena

I am from New Brunswick, and i am also going there, but only in Octobre. And it`s true there`s not much infos on the hotel and the destination! Restaurents arround, near town, night life etc... Please poste some when you get back ;)

Thanks

Dyanne

Toronto
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel La Darsena

No problem!!! I will give a full report upon my return.

Okotoks, Alberta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel La Darsena

Hi!

We are going to Agropoli on the 12th. We are from Calgary and fly out of Vancouver on Friday. I agree that there is very little out there about the region. I log into this site each day to check the weather and the following webcam to see what is going on :-

www.wunderground.com/wundermap/…

and www.infoagropoli.it/modules.php…

It's not much...

Mentioned in this post
Agropoli
Agropoli
369 Reviews
Agropoli, Italy
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel La Darsena

We just got back from Hotel La Darsena and it was wonderful!!! The food and wine was excellent! I am going to write a full review in a couple of days but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Darsena
Hotel La Darsena
313 Reviews
Agropoli, Italy
Vancouver
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel La Darsena

Hi, I am going to La Darsena on June 12th with my daughter and her friend. I am so happy to hear about someone that has come back from there and has good comments about it. Did you do any day trips around the area. We want to go down the Cilento coast and Sorrento and towns in between and also hopefully we can find someone that can take us to some of the grottos along the coast. Do you have any comments on any of these places? It would be great to hear about some of the things that you did. Also did you find any good markets to go to in the area? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel La Darsena

We just returned from Agropoli and there is so little information on this part of Italy. We stayed at Il Ceppo which is away from the old town and the beach. If I remember correctly, La Darsena is located in the beach area. There were lots of restaurants in the area and a nice beach. You will have to drive to the old town or the marina from there. We could not even get a map of Agropoli from our hotel - it was not so tourist friendly. People don't speak much english there either so just be prepared. (we speak Italian so not too much of a problem for us). The driving is nuts but that is just like every other Italian city. If you can find your way to the free parking lot in town you can easily walk to the old town from there (about 10 minutes). There is a tourist information center near the free lot, however it was closed when we were there. If you make it to the piazza (right outside the old town - a few minutes walk from the free parking lot) there is a bookstore on the piazza and you can go in a buy a map of Agropoli. That helped us out a lot. The old town is charming and small. There are a few restaurants (maybe 2 or 3) in the old town. THere are many more restaurants on the piazza right outside the old town. There were a few restaurants down by the marina too, but they were closed when we were there in May. It is an easy drive to Paestum which you can see in an hour or two. Overall we liked Agropoli - we choose this town to visit because my family came from there and we wanted to see the town our family came from. It was beautiful! Enjoy your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Agropoli
Agropoli
369 Reviews
Agropoli, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Il Ceppo
Il Ceppo
273 Reviews
Agropoli, Italy
Darsena
Darsena
499 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Paestum
Paestum
Capaccio-Paestum, Italy
Vancouver
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel La Darsena

Thanks for the information on Agropoli. We will be leaving on Friday and can hardly wait! Did you go to Naples or other towns on the Amalfi coast? What was the weather like? Would appreciate any ideas of things to do in the area.

Mentioned in this post
Agropoli
Agropoli
369 Reviews
Agropoli, Italy
Naples
Naples
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel La Darsena

La Darsena is located right on the beach and they have maps of Agropoli at the desk. Do you have a rental car·. We drove the Amalfi coast up to Sorrento. It is a beautiful drive but the traffic is horrendous!!! We also drove around the National Park, a huge area consisting of several small hill towns. Castellabate, which is in the Park, has a beautiful castel which costs 1 Euro to visit and they give you a great map of the whole area and a DVD. We just followed a road up a hill and then when we were ready to go home we started the GPS. They are so scenic! We also visited the Archeological Museum in Eboli. It was free and quite interesting, right in the middle of the Centrico Storico in Eboli. We also drove south to Maratea which is a nice drive as well.

Mentioned in this post
Agropoli
Agropoli
369 Reviews
Agropoli, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Castellabate