We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agropoli to Positano?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Agropoli to Positano?

What is the easiest way to get to Positano from Agropoli? Train, bus or ferry? I will be visiting in July.

Is one day enough to see everything there is to see?

Thank you!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

We had a rental car that we drove from Agropoli to Salerno and then took the boat. Coop St Andrea runs from Salerno to Positano. I don't know if it runs directly from Agropoli. THey have a website if you google. You should be able to check schedules on there.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

I'll ask someone who works in Agropoli for you :-)

Be back soon !!!

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

Thank you so much! I'm pretty sure I need to take to train to Salerno and then either a ferry or the bus.

But... During summer months, there might be a ferry from Agropoli that could take me there... Considering the traffic, it might be fun to enjoy the view from the boy!

Could you also ask how long it may take?

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

Hello Maya... I just heard back from my contact who works at a hotel in Agropoli.

This was his reply ...

.....there's no trains to positano so the best option would be the bus, although the car is always the best way to get around here ;)

Where are you staying in Agropoli?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

La Darsena.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

We stated at Hotel Mare right in town so it was easy to walk to the stations etc. It's a bit far to walk from Darsena. lol

You will be close to Paestum also and it was some nice Greek ruins to explore.

Are you going to go to Pompeii or Isle of Capri?

I see you are from Montreal... when we were there in Oct, the people at Darsena from Montreal had some excursions they could purchase and travelled by a mini coach. We flew from Toronto and our package included a car for the duration of our holiday which was awesome b ut the Italian drivers are crazy lol

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

The Pompeii excursion is included and I will definitely go to Capri. I won't have a car.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

Hello Maya;

I was doing a little research. It appears that there are some new routes new suppliers by ferry this year.

The Metro sea threatened with extinction

Revived the band with new lines

NEW ROUTES - "Naples-Coastal ' Naples (Beverello \ Mergellina), Vico Equense \ Sejanus, Piano di Sorrento, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi.

"Naples-Salerno ': Salerno, Minori, Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, Vico Equense \ Sejanus, Torre Annunziata, Torre del Greek, Mergellina, Pozzuoli, Baia \ Bacoli (May to September).

"Two Gulfs' Beverello, Ercolano, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Salerno (from May to September).

"Campi Flegrei-Coastal": Pozzuoli, Baia \ Bacoli Beverello Portici, Castellammare di Stabia, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Salerno (from June to August).

"Sapri-Capri.Napoli ' Sapri, Camerota, Palinuro, Casalvelino, Acciaroli Capri Beverello.

"Licosa-Capri-Naples»: Agropoli, Castellabate San Marco di Capri, Beverello.

"Salerno Gulf ': Salerno, San Marco di Castellabate, Agropoli, Positano, Amalfi.

"Cilento": Salerno, San Marco di Castellabate Acciaroli Casalvelino, Palinuro, Camerota.

"Naples-Licosa-Palinuro": Beverello, San Marco di Castellabate Acciaroli Casalvelino, Palinuro, Camerota.

"Sorrento By Night ': Beverello-Sorrento. This is the night service this weekend that up to two in the morning it liaises with the Coast "to avoid traffic accidents but also because alcohol Saturday night," he recalled Cascetta.

Here is the link so you can read about it yourself. It may help a little

…corriere.it/napoli/notizie/cronaca/2010/22-…

Thanks to another D.E... A_Brit_In_Ischia

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

Thanks for the credit, but sometimes doing only "a little research" is a really bad thing...

As it turns out, because no one put in a tender to operate them, the start of those services (the "Metro del Mare") has been delayed, postponed or even cancelled - no telling which as yet!

The thread's a bit long now, but the whole sorry story can be read here....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187785-i421-k3437…

That's likely to be of huge concern to places south of the Amalfi Coast, for whose visitors those high summer services must have been so very convenient!

Perhaps something will be cobbled together eventually.....?

Peter

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agropoli to Positano?

Thank You Peter :-)

Most of the ferrys were shut down when we were there in Oct because of the time of year. I knew there was a ferry from Agropoli but not sure where it went in season. We had a rental car but didn't want the hassle of parking and finding our way.

We ended up taking a train from Agropoli to Pompeii and were supposed to switch stations in Pompeii to Sorrento. Instead 7 of us got a van taxi to Sorrento ferry dock from Pompeii. The driver was a hoot and he showed us so much on the way. Coming home we took the train from Sorrento to Pompeii to Agropoli.

The easiest we discovered later was to take the train from Agropoli to Salerno and take that ferry to Capri. A couple we met went that way and the ferry trip was 2 hours they said. Our trip over was about 20 minutes.

Get answers to your questions about Agropoli
Recent Conversations