We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

Nice
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

I had decided to take my husband to Santa maria In castellabate in October but just saw a review saying the beaches and sidewalks were covered in litter. Has anyone else seen this. Also anyone stayed in Apartment Ligea and was it nice?

Madalena

Masaniello Tourist
Boat Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Cooking Classes, Taxis & Shuttles, Food Tours
Lido Castellabate
Other Outdoor Activities
Tours & Transfers
Wine Tours & Tastings , Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Food Tours
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

There may be some mislabelling, but a search of Flickr suggest these are all from October last year, and tagged or labelled as Castellabate...

www.flickr.com/search/…

or

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2vg8vjk

Doesn't look too awful to me - but where was this review you read?

Peter

Nice
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

it was in tripadvisor posted by janicehill and titled What a lovely place - shame about the beaches and she was quite outraged about it. dated 14th september 2010

Thanks Madalena

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

Looks as though she was actually there in August last year...

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g194717-d107…

These are the pictures from Flickr at that time - rather a lot of them are mislabelled.....

www.flickr.com/search/…

I can only suggest you look through reviews of other hotels from those there that month, and see what others thought, only "we also travelled further south to find better beaches, all the same.." seems a rather sweeping condemnation?

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g644244-Santa_Maria_d…

Peter

Texas
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

We have been to Santa Maria di C twice and are going again this summer. It's absolutely beautiful and the beaches are gorgeous - blue ribbon. No idea what the poster you are referencing means and at any rate, as Peter notes, hers is the one critical one is a sea of reviews from people who have loved Santa Maria di C. Why take the one critical one as gospel?

Nice
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

That's brilliant.We will definitely go.

thank you very much and you are quite right.I am looking for trouble!!

Madalena

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
130 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

Have been to SMC twice (mid Sept), most recently 9/2010. Wonderful tiny town with crystal blue water...some of the best in Italy. Good restaurants too. We usually stay at Villa Sirio!

Nice
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

Thanks for that i usually stay in apartments but not seeing one i like the look of. Usually find hotels a bit claustrophobic but am tempted to try Villa Sirio. Can you give me a bit of encouragement ?is it special?

Madalena

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
130 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

We're very fond of it, but it is not inexpensive for this region of Italy, but nothing is anymore. If your exchange rate is the Brit pound, then it's better! I had also looked at apartments for this sept, and find them unacceptable compared to other regions of Italy or France, Spain or other parts of Europe we've traveled! A comfortable bed with nice linens and a shower with decent water pressure and allows one to raise their arms without bumping into the shower walls (and I'm slender) is a must!

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
130 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

If this apt. ligea is located in the Le Sirene structure, its located at the southern most part of town. Easy 5 min walk into town, has it's own beach and wonderful little beach restaurant...Don't think you have any view...but not sure.

Potenza, Italy
Level Contributor
25 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beaches in santa maria di Castellabate

Adding some useful information for others who want to go to the beach in Santa Maria di Castellabate. We've been several times and love this area, not only for its charm but its clean beaches. They're awarded the Blue Flag for cleanliness. Our favorite is the beach right in the center of town, in the shadow of the castle. What could be more convenient? Gelato shops, restaurants right there for a break from the sun. But it's also nice to swim with that lovely backdrop and the cove is protected.

Walk a little to the south in the direction of San Marco and there is a long arc of sandy beach to choose either umbrella/chair rentals, or plop your beach blanket down on the free sections. Going toward the north, for those who like to sun on the rocks or snorkeling, there are reefs to enjoy. Up still from that is the Zona Lago, more sandy beach that ends at the Punta Tresino.

A nice thing to do is rent a little boat from the port of San Marco and tool around the Punta Licosa where you can drop anchor and swim in the crystal-clear water. A nice day outing, we took a picnic lunch aboard and loved seeing the area from the water.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Maria di...
More Santa Maria di Castellabate Topics