We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Minori to Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi?

sandiego
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Minori to Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi?

We are staying at villa romita in Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi. HOw do we get there from Minori?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sant'Agata
Hotel Sant'Agata
455 Reviews
Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy
Minori
Minori
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Texas
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Minori to Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi?

Sita bus. I think you'll have to change in Amalfi.

UK
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Minori to Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi?

Here are the current Sita bus timetables Minori to Amalfi and Amalfi to Sant' Agata.

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXV.pdf

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXIV.pdf

Check again when you are there to get the latest timetables. The local tourist info office usually have copies.

Mentioned in this post
Minori
Minori
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
sandiego
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Minori to Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi?

Thank you for your reply.

ModemUK: I will print the schedule. It will be very helpful.

Texastrips: Read your trip report. It was great. We are travelling with our three girls 7,9 and 11, next week. We were thinking of renting a car, as we did before in Tuscany, but everyone seemed to think that was a bad idea. So we decided to use public transport instead. Planning to see Pompeii, Paestum and the towns around the Amalfi coast.

Any advise would great .

Thanks.

Edited: 02 March 2010, 13:27
Mentioned in this post
Pompeii
Pompeii
Province of Naples, Italy
Paestum
Paestum
Capaccio-Paestum, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Texas
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Minori to Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi?

Ubud - oh we had a memorable experience in Sant'Agata on our first trip there in the summer of 2007 when our daughters were 7 and 11, like two of yours. That was a great trip and our stop in Sant'Agata involves a long story and our older one's need to consult a dr - who turned out to be a very handsome, well dressed young Italian with perfect English. And he was so nice with her. Then the girls got icecream at 10 am to recover from all that excitement. Here's one reason they love Italy...

You know, if it's not too late. I'd definitely get a rental car. People are crazy about not driving there - and I often wonder if it's people who have ever driven who are saying don't. Next week for sure you won't have any trouble with traffic and even parking will be far easier than in the summer. (in summer we think parking and not driving itself is the major challenge.)

I say car for several reasons:

1) Family of five hauls a lot of stuff and the kids get tired, no matter how good travellers they are. You've already had a rental car in Italy so you're good with all that.

20 I looked at the weather for next week and I see it may be cool and showery. Much better with a car.

2) Especially Sant'Agata is not easy to get to anywhere from via public transport. Much easier with a car.

3) Paestum in particular will be a long hard journey from there on public transport. Yet it's great for the kids. A superb museum right on site with ots of displays that interested our kids and the site itself with many street and villa ruins as well as the temples is great for running around. Ours found them very beguiling to climb on ... (Here was another great Italian experience - I asked a guard (in Italian) if they could climb up and walk around on the amazing exterior perimeter walls. He said no. Then he said

"Just take them around the corner where I can't see them and they can climb up to walk on the walls here."

Don't forget to walk down from Ravello. That was one of our daughters all time favorite vacation experiences and the actual distance isn't very far at all, so it's perfect for children.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sant'Agata
Hotel Sant'Agata
455 Reviews
Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Paestum
Paestum
Capaccio-Paestum, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
5. Re: How to get from Minori to Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sant'Agata sui Due...