We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine Hours in Salo

Which Salo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
surrey uk
Level Contributor
65 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sunshine Hours in Salo

I've read in some reports that at times due to the route of the sun, Salo is in shade for parts of the day.

Can anyone help with this ?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunshine Hours in Salo

As Salo is in the west and the sun sets in the west behind the village there will be more shade early evening. This may be welcome at hotter times of the year but for me personally I prefer to have the sun as long as possible. Especially welcome April/May or September where the sun does not reach as high as late June/July. I stay at Lazise and Bardolino on the east side. You get maximum sunshine in the early evening on the lake. (see my Garda /Lazise pics)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,450 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunshine Hours in Salo

Hi, it isn't as much of a problem in Salo' as it is further north in the town of Limone and parts of Riva, but, as giftzwerg said, the eastern side of the lake is better for evening sun.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunshine Hours in Salo

In May the sun was going down at 8:30 pm as we started dinner. It had been up all day since about 6 am, which was plenty for me.

4. Re: Sunshine Hours in Salo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 05:16