We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

Hello,

I will be traveling with my sister and her daughter in October and would love to stay very close to OR in one of these lovely hill towns. Does anyone have any suggestion for a hotel, b&b or agriturismo that they would suggest? Unfortunately, we are on a budget so something not too high-end would be nice. Thank you for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Rosanne

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,787 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

rosabella,

Try http://www.lacrociona.com/

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

Not in the villages you mention but in Montepulciano: lovely apartments. http://www.politian.com/

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,662 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

http://www.ilgiardinosegretopienza.it/

I've never stayed there but this may be what you're looking for price-wise plus it's in the village yet has a pretty garden to relax in after a busy day's sightseeing. They have another property in San Quirico.

Estes Park, CO
Level Contributor
93 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

Look at Tenuta Santo Pietro outside Pienza. Lovely facility; great views. Make wine and olive oil.

www.tenutasantopietro.com

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

Checkout Casagrande just outside Montepulciano. Very quiet and nice and very reasonable! .It gets good reviews on TA. Write me if it interests you and I can give you more feedback. We stayed there last October.

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

Agriturismo Poderino near san Quirico d'Orcia, is offering autumn stays at 30 euro per person (adults) per day in Apartments.

www.agriturismopoderino.it

This tariff is mentioned in the web Ultimissimo Minuto.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

wow. thank you all so much for the information. I will let you all know where we end up.

does anyone know if it is possible to help with the grape picking at one of the farms. I think my niece would really enjoy that.

thanks again

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,787 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

rosabella,

Don't think you will be able to pick grapes. The harvest may be over, and insurance and lack of knowledge would preclude that activity.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,332 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

Check out Palazzo Cesira, in the center of Montalcino. Great place to stay, very good breakfast, and very nice and helpful owners.

www.montalcinoitaly.com/eng/home_cesira.htm

We've stayed there twice and loved every minute of it. Montalcino has some great restaurants, is close to a lot of wineries, and there's an enoteca in the fortezza.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: agriturism or b&b in Pienza, Montalcino, or Monticchiello?

We have just returned from Agriturismo La Fonte 3km outside Pienza, we thought it was beautiful and the location meant that it was very quiet and peaceful with the most stunning views over the valley, even more amazing than they look in the pictures! The accommodation was very comfortable and cosy and we paid the extra €5 pp to get breakfast included. They also have a fab restaurant onsite with the most amazing food, we ended up eating there three nights out of seven! Also, they offer 10% off for residents, so that was a bonus. We paid €550 for the week plus an extra €70 for breakfast. We felt it offered excellent value for money.

http://www.lafonte.toscana.it/