We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

l'estartit- advice please

Which L'Estartit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
Level Contributor
326 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
l'estartit- advice please

Hi, we are novices to the Spanish mainland. We stayed last year in Tossa and really loved it. We have been advised that l'estartit is beautiful and with more character. We like quiet, interesting places with nice walks available. Like most people we are on a budget, so reasonably priced menus are important. Last year we were paying about 14 euros each for a three course meal with half a litre of wine between us. As there similar menus of the day available?

Finally, what is the Lifestyle campsite like? We hadn't considered a mobile home, but someone recommended it.

Thanks in advance.

Lyn

brierley hill
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: l'estartit- advice please

have never been but have seen good reviews on a hotel called the flamingo hotel they do this with a firm called siesta and l think you can book it with travel republic

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: l'estartit- advice please

We have been to Estatrtit on numerous occasions.

First and foremost the town is lovely with a beach that is to die for, I would say probably the best on the Costa Brava.

Although the town is a little "Tired" (Benidorm it certainly is not so if thats your bag, try somewhere else) there is still plenty going on and plenty of places to eat from cheap and cheerful to fine dining and everything inbetween.

In regards to Lifestyle we have holidayed with them everytime but once, they are most certainly the most competitive out of season, you will be staying at Castell Montgri if you book with them which in my view is a great caravan site, loads and loads going on at CM, in fact you never need to leave the park if thats what you are in to. (Which is not what we do as the local area is wonderful) There are loads of reviews on CM so have a look, I dont think you will be dissapointed :)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: l'estartit- advice please

I wouldn't have sid l'Estartit had more character than Tossa but it is nice, fairly low-key and the setting is beautiful with the Medes islands and view across the bay towards Pals beach and Begur

Yes there are places doing menu del día; how much wine you get varies, sometimes they open a bottle, sometimes it is just one glass (normally "better" wine then), or as you have found a carafe with a quarter of a litre per person.

soaked in ireland
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: l'estartit- advice please

Hello, i stayed last summer at castle montgri with keycamp, its a beautiful area, like you where advised everything is on site but also the towns a lovely short walk away, they run a bus to the beach from 9am to 5.30 every 30 mins but its about a twenty min walk, on your idea of reasonable eating out there where lots of nice looking places i didnt try any of them, we had a caravan with the bbq so you couldnt beat buying in the local butchers at the supermercat, wine etc soooo cheap, it didnt feel like cooking when your sitting on your decking and the sun on you, we are returning this year and i have priced all the tour companys keycamp are the very most cheapest, i couldnt fault them last year. Another thought to pass you, castle montgri is VERY hilly , but the pool does stay open till midnight. Enjoy your trip

galway
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: l'estartit- advice please

We atayed with lifestyle last year in Castel Montgri and I would recommend to everyone. There is so much to do and even though we had a hire car we only used it to ferry our shopping fron the lidl across the road. the kids only wanted to leave the campsite for the trips to the beach and not much further. We did go to Pals for a half day and it is beautiful. Enjoy....we are going back this year

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: l'estartit- advice please

When I stayed in Tossa and ate there and in nearby Lloret, I usually paid about five euros for a good meal. Anything extra I wanted, I ate or drank elsewhere where it was far cheaper.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: l'estartit- advice please

Thanks for all of your replies

belfast
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: l'estartit- advice please

We've been going to l'estartit for years - such a good base, we loved exploring the wee coves and beaches round begur, hiking to the Sant Caterina hermitage, lovely cafes such as el cruxient in toroella, girona, also for good value eating many of the little villages in the area have their own eateries a little off the beaten track - we particularly liked restaurant can Joan, in sant feliu de boada near pals - we would go for two weeks every June and struggle to repeat ourselves - long and the short of it - get out and explore the local area there is so much more to see.

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: l'estartit- advice please

We are going to be in Lloret De Mar for 4 nights in beginning of June ..We have been few times in Lloret De Mar and this time we wish to se one or two places that we have never been.. is it possible for us to have a day out in L-Estartit from Lloret De Mar ... and how far is L-Estartit from Lloret De Mar ... Thanks

belfast
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: l'estartit- advice please

If you follow the coast road, which is beautiful, maybe about two hours, a little less if you follow an inland route, but the stretch from tossa to sant feliu de guixols is beautiful and not to be rushed. Try it on Google map street view!

Get answers to your questions about L'Estartit