We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

southern comfort.

straba
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
southern comfort.

Hi I am heading for castle montgri campsite at the weekend. I was just can anybody tell can you buy Southern Comfort in any off the local shops or supermarkets. I know this seems trivial but it is the only drink that my wife will drink, and we went to northern france last year and it could not be bought anywhere. Also does anybody know where you could buy a data only sim card for mobile wifi dongle in estartit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: southern comfort.

I'd say yes, but I can't assure it 100%. L'Estartit is, let's say, a neighbourhood of Torroella de Montgrí so to speak, and in Torroella you have several supermarkets: www.supermercados-abiertos.es/17/l-estartit/ Caprabo is sort like Tesco (if you're British you'll know) and Carrefour, well, the big French chain.

Province of Girona...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: southern comfort.

You can buy a SIM card and Dongle in Torroella de Montgri. On the main street there is ORANGE & MOVISTAR. Opt for Movistar as you will get better coverage in L'Estartit. Alternatively, you can buy access to the town wifi at the Tourist Office. Not sure of the price, but something like €2 for 5 hours. They give you a card with scratch off panel with a code.

They have Southern Comfort in GP Supermarket on the L'Estartit - Torreolla road, by the island up from Lidl

soaked in ireland
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: southern comfort.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately we where already gone, we found plenty of southern comfort but no internet, we will use your info for next year.

4. Re: southern comfort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about L'Estartit