We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teotihuacan in Mexico - the ancient ruins

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Teotihuacan in Mexico - the ancient ruins

I am interested in visiting Teotihuacan in the near future. What would be the best route to take from Toronto, Canada? Is it possible to join the local tours from Cancun if I am staying in the resort?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teotihuacan in Mexico - the ancient ruins

Teotihuacan is just outside Mexico City and around 23 hours drive from Cancun. Plus you have posted this in the Toluca forum which is not particularly near either. If your really want to see Teotihuacan then Mexico City is the obvious place to head for but maybe you were thinking of Chichen Itze, the large archaelogical site near Cancun?

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Teotihuacan in Mexico - the ancient ruins

Thanks for your advice. I found your info is helpful and has cleared my confusions among these archaelogical sites.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teotihuacan in Mexico - the ancient ruins

Teotichuacan is indeed in the "State" of Mexico of which Toluca is the Capital.. However Steve is correct in that Mexico City DF (Federal district) is nearer to the site than Toluca & in fact has hourly buses to the site.

Toluca has several interesting ruins including an "round pyramid" in the nearby village of Calax. None compare to Teotichuacan in size or grander however.

4. Re: Teotihuacan in Mexico - the ancient ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2017, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Toluca
More Toluca Topics