We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luperon Beach Resort - a few questions!

Scotland
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Luperon Beach Resort - a few questions!

Hi there,

We are thinking of booking a holiday to this hotel and wondered if anyone who had stayed there would mind answering the following questions for us please?

Are beach / pool tools provided?

Are there hairdryers in the rooms?

Are there safes in the rooms?

Is it best to take US dollars?

Is tipping expected?

How any a la carte restaurants are there and how often can you visit?

Any other suggestions or comments would be very welcome. Thanks for your help.

3 replies to this topic
Downpatrick, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Luperon Beach Resort - a few questions!

Hi My partner and I have just returned from Luperon. to answer your questions.

Towels are provided. you get a card which you have to trade in for pool towels.

there isn't any hairdryers in the room.

There are safes in the rooms which you have to pay for.

We used mainly US dollars which are accepted everywhere.

Tipping is not always expected but will be greatly recieved.

There are 4 al la cartes which you can go up to twice a week or more if you book early. they are held in the same function room each time. It is one restaurant with different themed nights rather thanseperate a la cartes..

Very relaxing place but little in the way of entertainment and it is very remote. not much to see or do outside the hotel unless you book trips. Bring aqua shoes if you intend to go into the sea as there are sea hedgehog warnings in place.

Scotland
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Luperon Beach Resort - a few questions!

Many thanks for this information - much appreciated!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luperon Beach Resort - a few questions!

We stayed there a year ago. We really enjoyed ourselves. It is a pretty far bus ride from the airport (about an hour and half) but we didn't mind - it was kind of like an 'excursion' in itself.

The buffet was good, we could always find something good to eat. The omelet bar was my favourite and they had a pretty good pasta bar as well. The chicken and pork were very good but I found the beef to be tough. The lunch 'buffet/grill' at the beach was also very good (grilled chicken and fish, burgers, salads, pizza etc.) The a la cartes had a neat atmosphere - and the food was good - depending on what you ordered (lasagna was good!)

The staff were very friendly. The beach is large but the area you swim in is smaller (roped off area) - the swimming area is right by the bar and lunch buffet - it's a nice bar/buffet. I agree - wear pool shoes or crocks or something. There are little sea erchins (sp?) around that may hurt your foot. We had pool shoes and were fine.

I can't tell you a lot about the entertainment - we didn't go to the shows.

There are three pools at Luperon - an 'entertainment' pool - was kinda loud for us, we were there to relax but there seemed to be a lot going on there - music / games etc. and there is a bar there - and a pool by the main building (quieter with a bar) - and the one we liked the most, which had a waterfalls in the pool and a bar - and closest to the beach bar.

My advise is... building 22 and 23 are better than building 18. 18 is older and noisy because it is by the 'entertainment' pool and by the disco. Building 22 and 23 are by the 'waterfall' pool. We had a room on the second floor in building 22 and it was nice - and quiet. Everything in the room worked except for the phone.

We were in building 18 for 1 night, then asked to be switched to building 22. In our room in building 18 we were on the main floor - we were not facing the pool, we were facing the back of the resort. I didn't mind the view too much but the air conditioning wouldn't turn off (it got very cold while sleeping) and the safe didn't work, and that was important to us. We also had an issue with the toilet.

Once we moved to building 22 - we realized it was much nicer at that end of the resort and the room was nicer and a little more updated. We had no issues with our room in building 22.

Try to enjoy the vendors on the beach. They are really nice once you get to know them. If you want to buy - haggle them down to at least half of what they start at. Number 11 Pedro is very nice to deal with and not as pushy as some of the others.

If you want to go on any excursions it will probably be a pretty far bus ride to them - when we went we did not go on any excursions - we enjoyed the beach - the beach bar - and the pool.

Have a GREAT time... just try to get into building 22 or 23 (or 16 on the beach) instead of the older building 18.

Luperon has some really good deals - probably because of the bus ride from the airport.

The grounds are beautiful, and peacocks roam the resort and sometimes put on a beautiful show! There is one lonely flamingo in the pond and when we were there - a lot of ducks and chicks! The wildlife hung out near the pond - near building 22. We enjoyed visiting them each day with some bread/buns we snuck out of the buffet - haha

Have a GREAT time! We did (we were there March 2010) during the Canadian March break.

Reply to: Luperon Beach Resort - a few questions!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted