We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

1 post
What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

Hello, does anybody know if there is a cheap way to get from PTP to Le Gosier without renting a car!?

Thanks Vivi

1. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2016, 02:07
Connecticut
Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

I have a similar need -- we'll be arriving in PTP at 6:15 in the evening and will be staying at a B&B in Le Gosier. Any idea how much a taxi would be? We need a ride to the ferry next morning, too, so we're debating whether to just rent a car for the 1 day.

3. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2016, 02:07
Connecticut
Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

We'll be arriving February 21st, taking the ferry the next day. Not sure what time we'll be taking the ferry on the 22nd, but in all likelihood before noon. I would have guessed that some of the rental agencies would allow for pickup at the airport and drop off at the ferry terminal.

It's always a challenge the first time you visit anyplace new. Hopefully it won't turn out to be such a hassle that we won't want to return.

2 posts
5. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

It is very frustrating hat many more people are traveling to Guadeloupe and need info on taxis and how to get from point a to point b and trip advisor removed the answer

Guadeloupe
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
6. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

Yep, those were my replies that were removed. You can contact me privately if you have a specific question you need a reply to!

In general there are many taxis on the island but buses do not run after 6 p.m. (and there are no buses going to Le Gosier or elsewhere directly from the airport anyway, you would need to walk 3 km to find the bus stop). A taxi from PTP to Le Gosier at night is around 40 euro.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
704 posts
130 reviews
7. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

I think what is happening is that people are using the trip advisor forum to promote their own services which is against their guidelines. They usually block those accounts and ip's as well. It happens on all the forums, nothing new.

2 posts
8. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

Thank you. We will be going from the airport to Le creole hotel and then we need to catch an 8am ferry to Dominica a few Days later. I heard there is a lot of traffic, any idea what time we should get a taxi to be at the ferry by 7:00? Thanks for your help.

Guadeloupe
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
9. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

The worst traffic starts at 7 a.m. so you should just miss it. The trip takes about 30 minutes but I would still recommend leaving around 6.15 a.m. to be on the safe side.

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
82 reviews
10. Re: What is the cheapest way to get from PTP to Le Gosier?

40 euro! that's expensive. I guess it's cheaper to rent a car. Thanks for the info!

Get answers to your questions about Le Gosier