We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palmas Del Mar Tennis Center

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
372 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Palmas Del Mar Tennis Center

Hi. Is the tennis center now open completely? are there pros there who can give lessons?

Thanks-

Humacao, Puerto Rico
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palmas Del Mar Tennis Center

Yes, the facilities are completely open and better than ever!! There are many pros available for lessons. They offer daily clinics, cardio tennis, kids zone program, junior tennis programs etc.. For more info call the pro shop at 787-656-9043

Moraga, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palmas Del Mar Tennis Center

The tennis center at Palmas del Mar is not well run. Straight to the point... I paid $75 for a lesson with one of the pros. That was early in the morning when the entire club was empty. Nonetheless, we were placed in a hardcourt with big and deep cracks that still had water on the surface due to the rain accumulated during the night. Let me make it clear: there were dry tennis courts in great shape. Many, in fact. I requested a court change to find the most amazing display of bureaucracy and intransigence. It happened that the courts in good shape cannot be used for lessons, so you're left paying $75 for a lesson with a pro in a court that reminded me of those in downtown DC just after the end of winter. The person who presented herself as the manager, a young woman in her late 20's, refused to make any effort to make the change. I ended up in a heated discussion with her, only to be met later on the day by the person who also claimed to be the manager, who instead of apologizing to me demanded that I aplogized myself with the woman! None of them was to blame... it' was "the company with their rules". I wonder what they are managing, if they cannot make small and easy decisions. I don't know what they are trying to do. They have a pro, so show him! But this is probably the story of a club that it's trying to appeal to the elite (therefore tennis teachers and non members do not get to play in the best courts), and in the process they are going to repeat all the bad steps that led them to their previous bankruptcy. I'm okay with privileges for the members, but for God's sake, the whole place was empty!! With me, they lost a first time customer. Hardly a good way to go over a difficult financial history.

3. Re: Palmas Del Mar Tennis Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Humacao
Recent Conversations