We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying California wines in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Buying California wines in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Rather than trying to pack wine, does anyone have price info on buying California wines in San Juan? And prices, are they reasonable?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying California wines in San Juan, Puerto Rico

They are rare and very expensive -- at least from what I've seen, but I get my California at home, so I haven't checked extensively!

Cabo Rojo, Puerto...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying California wines in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Californian wines are found all throughout PR, and their prices usually rival those seen stateside. They can be found in supermarkets, liquor stores, Sam's Club, Costco and many wine shops.

You can start by browsing these sites, and although they're in Spanish, they'll give you a heads up on what to expect:

http://www.labodegademendez.com/

http://www.boutiqueduvin.com/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying California wines in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Wow good to know and sorry to have opened my trap about this earlier!

Thanks!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying California wines in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Our wine prices compare to the US. The best priced wines, you can get at COTSCO. Their specials are very good. Wine boutiques and specialty stores sometimes have very good deals, but the regular prices are quite high compared to COTSCO and Sam's, both with a great selection. Go to the boutiques only to get a special label or year these two don't have. Surprisingly, you can get very nicely priced Argentinian and Chilean wines in PR. The French is overpriced (damn euro!) and the Italian & Spanish a bit better priced. California table wines and some others can be found in many supermarkets also, inlcuding K-mart & Walmart!

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying California wines in San Juan, Puerto Rico

You can go to any supermarket (Pueblo, Grande, Amigo...) and get a wide selection of Chilean, Argentinian, Spanish and californian wines. They always have some on sale. Chilean wines are very affordable and have an excellent quality.

Lockhart, TX
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying California wines in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Are non-alcoholic beers and wines available in San Juan? We would like to purchase several bottles/cases.

7. Re: Buying California wines in San Juan, Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Carolina