We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metrolpol or La Playita

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
357 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Metrolpol or La Playita

I have it narrowed down to two restaurants that are close to where we are staying. For a nice family meal which would you recommend? I am going with young adult children and we will be off snorkeling all day. Thank you for your recommendations.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metrolpol or La Playita

I love La Playita, food is great and you'll sit al fresco right on the water. Metropol has seen better day's, the food is not that good anymore

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metrolpol or La Playita

in my opinion, I would choose Metropol, specially if you will be under the sun the whole day. Still love their food & variety. La Playita's menu is limited.

San Juan
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metrolpol or La Playita

Would you be more interested in quantity, quality and price? I have not eaten in the Metropol in Isla Verde-Carolina, but I have in the ones in Guaynabo, Hato Rey and Fajardo there are all good especially the one in Guaynabo, it is new and the ambiance is great. I could say one of them, but this is more of a personal preference question, i would say try to get a menu in advance and once you get here scout them out. La Playita is a more relaxed setting, Metropol is more a formal restaurant.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Metrolpol or La Playita

Metropol hand down..

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Metrolpol or La Playita

Both are good but Metropol has more items in the menu in case you are a picky eater

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Metrolpol or La Playita

Both!

Have lunch one day at La Playita and dinner next day at Metropol.

7. Re: Metrolpol or La Playita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Carolina