We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Serena-anything close by?

Which Tenacatita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
250 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Serena-anything close by?

I am considering staying at the Punta Serena and would like to know if we choose to leave the resort are there places to go closeby? Local restaurants, activities, etc? I know it is all inclusive but was just curious in case we want to see something different.

Also re: the food at the resort is it typical Mexican cuisine for the most part, do they have good seafood, etc?

Thanks all!

2 replies to this topic
okanagan
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Serena-anything close by?

We did a day trip into Barre de Navidad and Melaque and are very glad we did. Both towns are have very interesting sights are were a welcome change from the "routine" day life at Punta Serena.

Neat shops, beaches and restaurants and local people in both villages.

The front desk will arrange a taxi for you and it will cost about 60 bucks for the day for the taxi.

As far as seafood on the menu there was a lot, kind of surprising considering. If you really would like something not on the menu, just ask Zindy ( the manger)at the front desk. She is extremely accommodatingly and I am sure she will do her best to get it for you, she did for us.

This is a wonderful resort to stay at.

Put it on your short list.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
250 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Serena-anything close by?

Thank you for the response-we decided not to go..the airfare was too expensive and it is a tough place to get to logistically..maybe some other time!

Reply to: Punta Serena-anything close by?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tenacatita
More Tenacatita Topics