We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendoza during the winter (May,July, or August)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Mendoza during the winter (May,July, or August)

Hello!

My family and I (daughter, mother, grandmother) are planning on going to BA and Menzoa in either May, July, or August depending on my school schedule. Is this a good time to travel if we would like relax, go to some wineries, eat at local restaurants, and view the mountains? We are not huge skiiers. We are planning on staying outside of the city center as well in a smaller hotel or B&B (preferably in Chacras de Coria) Does anyone have advice?

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Córdoba
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mendoza during the winter (May,July, or August)

Yes, it is an okay period to travel to Mendoza. It is winter time, so the nights can be really cold, but during the day the sun is shining and it gets quite comfortable the weather. I would definitely recommend staying in Chacras de Coria or Luján de Cuyo. Also the Valle de Uco region is beaufitul and well known for its great wineries (Salentein, Fournier, Atamisque, etc.). By the way, July can be a bit more crowded because of winter holidays for the Argentinean.

Enjoy Argentina,

Jan

Edited: 01 November 2012, 22:31
Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mendoza during the winter (May,July, or August)

May is great here, and during daytime hours, the weather is almost always good even in the midst of "winter".

Reply to: Mendoza during the winter (May,July, or August)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chacras de Coria