We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Villa del Tellaro

Which Noto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to Villa del Tellaro

Hello Sicily experts! I am planning to go to Noto and also want to visit the villa. I do not have a car, but can easily get to Noto by bus or train. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle bus? Or if it is possible to walk to the villa from Noto itself? I haven't found this question answered by the website so would be really pleased to get any information. Many thanks. Judith

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Villa del Tellaro

Welcome to Sicily JudithC52!

Unfortunately there is no public transport to the Villa Romana del Tellaro.

…sicilia.it/beniculturali/…

Vagabonda

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Villa del Tellaro

Thank you Vagabonda for your very quick reply. Do you know how far the villa is from the station at Noto and if it is possible to walk there? Or is it better to find a taxi?

Best wishes, Judith

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Villa del Tellaro

Prego JudithC52,

You can't walk to the Villa Romana del Tellaro from Noto, perhaps about 9 km from Noto, a 15-minute drive by car.

www.villaromanadeltellaro.com/la%20villa.asp

villaromanadeltellaro.com/Come%20arrivare.asp

Taxis are not common in Sicily and quite pricey, so prearrange a driver.

Vagabonda

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Villa del Tellaro

Grazie Vagabonda - that's very helpful. I'm sure I will get there thanks to your advice.

Best wishes, Judith

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,219 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Villa del Tellaro

Prego JudithC52,

The Villa Romana del Tellaro is often overlooked, and although not as grand as the Villa Romana del Casale, also worth a look for the lovely mosaics.

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

New York City, New...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to Villa del Tellaro

I posted earlier about where to stay but forgot to ask about transport from airport to a nice family oriented hotel near the beach...is there such a place. thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,219 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport to Villa del Tellaro

If you were to fly to Palermo, you would take the bus from the airport and then the train from Palermo to Cefalù

If you were to fly to Catania, then take the direct Interbus service from the airport to Taormina.

Vagabonda

8. Re: Transport to Villa del Tellaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Noto