We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

Which Noto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

Can someone tell me the best way to travel by bus or train from Trapani to these towns in late September? Thanks!

modica
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

You would go from Trapani to Palermo, change buses for SIracusa, and then change again for Noto. It would probbaly be better to spread it out over 2 days.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

Buses are more reliable than trains. You would travel by bus.

Take Segesta Interbus from Trapani to Palermo.

simple way from Politeama area to Erice:

tripadvisor.com/…57614142

Then take the direct SAIS Autolinee from Palermo to Aeroporto Catania.

http://www.saisautolinee.it/regionali.htm

Then take the direct Interbus service from Aeroporto Catania to Noto or Portopalo di Capo Passero. Interbus also runs direct bus service between Noto and Portopalo di Capo Passer.

http://www.interbus.it/

Vagaonda

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

Thanks for the help!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,861 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

It's a long journey across Sicily to Portopalo di Capo Passero!

Vagabonda

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

Yes I know. I may not go there but it is calling me for some reason. :-)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,861 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

Understandably!

Portopalo di Capo Passero is eerily intriguing, but best seen by car so you can explore the coast.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187888-i735-k3660…

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,861 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

The journey by bus from Palermo to Portopalo di Capo Passero (€13,50) via Siracusa would take 05h00. There's one run per day on weekdays, and no service on Sundays.

The journey from Palermo to Noto (€13,50) via Siracusa would take 04h25. There are two runs every day of the week.

The journey by bus from Palermo to Aeroporto Catania (€15,20) via the SAIS Autolinee service would take 02h30. There are 13 runs from Mondays to Fridays, 11 runs on Saturdays, and 10 runs on Sundays.

Factor connection time between the SAIS Autolinee service and the Interbus service.

The journey by bus from Aeroporto Catania to Noto (€8,40) via Interbus would take 01h25. There are 4 runs per weekday, and 2 runs on Sundays.

The journey by bus from Aeroporto Catania to Portopalo di Capo Passero (€9,30) would take 02h00. There's 1 run every day of the week.

So when deciding your route, consider frequency of service, schedules, duration, and cost.

Vagabonda

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

Mile grazie Vagabonda! Sometimes the bus websites are difficult to use so I greatly appreciate.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,861 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

Prego e buon viaggio Yasmeen N!

Vagabonda

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: getting from Trapani to Portopalo Capo Passero or Noto

Hi Vagabonda, I'm having trouble getting bus schedules for September to travel from Palermo (after arriving at the airport) to Trapani and then from Trapani to Siracusa. The schedules are unavailable now but could you at least tell me the bus lines to take and how to get to them from Punto Raisi airport? Seems like I can take Segesta bus from Trapani to Palermo but then which one to Siracusa? What is the name of the bus stop next to the train station in Trapani?

Also, you mentioned in your earlier post that there are buses from Siracusa to Noto and Portopalo Capo Passero (coming from Palermo) but didn't give the bus line. I will be going to these towns from Siracusa. Is Interbus the only line that connects these towns? In searching different dates in September, it appears that they leave Siracusa in the afternoon but the trips from Noto or Capo Passero to Siracusa are in the early morning. Any help you could provide is much appreciated. The AST bus website is very user unfriendly or non-functional unfortunately! Mille grazie