We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is praia da rocha safe at nightime

Which Praia da Rocha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northumberland
Level Contributor
137 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
is praia da rocha safe at nightime

is praia da rocha a safe place at night-time?

Killorglin, Ireland
Level Contributor
298 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is praia da rocha safe at nightime

i think that's a question you should have asked before you booked a 2 week holiday and since they were 10898 crime stats in northumberland 2011/2012 i,m more than sure pdr will be safer

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is praia da rocha safe at nightime

Nowhere is completely safe if you behave foolishly e.g. staggering home at 3 in the morning. As long as you are sensible, you should be OK.

Paul V

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
661 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is praia da rocha safe at nightime

We have always felt totally safe 'but then again we are usually back in our apartment by 10pm!

wirral
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is praia da rocha safe at nightime

hi..... never had a problem..... it does have a small police station on the main hotel strip, with police often walking around.

out latest was around 1 ish and always felt safe......

northumberland
Level Contributor
137 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is praia da rocha safe at nightime

there are 2 children going to praia da rocha with us and i want to make sure if they come out that they are safe with us

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is praia da rocha safe at nightime

I think the other posters have addressed this, it is not a war zone it is a popular holiday resort, of course your children will be safe if you use common sense as you would anywhere. There are plenty of young families walking around at night going home from their meal out.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is praia da rocha safe at nightime

Perhaps I was a bit slow there Marcus, on reflection I think you have to be taking the p**s regarding your comment about children been safe.

8. Re: is praia da rocha safe at nightime

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:40
Get answers to your questions about Praia da Rocha