We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

Hi,

Flying into Fara airport and staying in Praia da Rocha. What is the best way to travel from Fara is Praia? Are there buses?

Thanks

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

either private transfer with someone reputable like yellowfish or shared transfer with resorthoppa both have to be booked prior to travel using local bus would mean 2 or 3 changes

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,202 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

And using the local buses would be even longer a journey than the shared transfers.

Bristol
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

It's £55 for 2 people on a Resort Hoppa bus return (max 4 stops, compared to the coaches which will stop everywhere and take ages!). It took about an hour.

The Curragh, Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

we used resorthoppa or besttransfers4u can recommend them, on time and courtious. enjoy your trip

Wodzisław Śląski
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

We had booked a private taxi transfer from the airport as all the prices for taxis are quite the same (about 110 euros both ways whatever the number of passengers). I recommend Ttaxi company as they are from Portimao and know the place best. The driver will recommend what to see and where to go. Good luck!!

Cork, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

I always use Yellowfishtransfers.. My parents used them and recommended them to me. I just came back from Vilamoura this week in fact. I prebook online before I leave home, so I know the price I will be charged prior to arriving at Faro, which is good. (Plus I've already paid online, so no need to worry about having the fare!) From what I recall, they were a good bit cheaper than the taxis lined up outside, which we used a few years ago. I also book the return journey from the resort back to the airport before I go on holiday, so I dont even have to think about taxis once we leave. Clean, on time, friendly drivers, and, a free bottle of wine!! WOOHOO!!

england
Level Contributor
690 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

how much expected to pay private taxi ,4 people to praira de rocha thanks x

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

yellowfish showing 108euro for 4 people reliable and very good service

Edited: 06 October 2012, 17:19
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

Just booked oneway for monday at 50 Euros with these guys.

www.suntransfers.com/reservation.php?step=1

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
241 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fara Airport transfer to Praia da Rocha

Ziggy

We used Suntransfers in August from PDR to Faro Airport.

The taxi didn't turn up at the hotel and the agent in England advised me to take a local taxi and they would reimburse me.

She told me that the agents in Portugal were not answering her call and she had left a message.

She told me that they are having problems with transfers in Portugal and they are looking for alternative companies.

Just as I had booked my own taxi the original transfer arrived.

Not a great service and don't want to worry you but it's best to be aware of what might happen.

Get answers to your questions about Praia da Rocha