We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PDR in late september

Which Praia da Rocha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
PDR in late september

Hi can anyone please tell me what the nightlife and PDR is life in middle to end of sept as I would like to know if it is busy we are staying in clube praia de rocha :) all comments welcome thanks

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PDR in late september

still lots of people about but if you can change your accomodation as Clube Praia Da Rocha isnt the best to be honest, its a bit of a dump

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PDR in late september

"its a bit of a dump"

Understatement of the century.

I have seen nicer and better equipped homeless shelters

Belfast, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PDR in late september

whats the resort lik itself as I have family stayed here and they were pleased with it so I jus really want to know the town city is it lively and is it expensive thanks

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PDR in late september

Jennifer m, I am not going to critique your choice of accommodation, I was in PDR last Sept 16th -21st, the younger crowds had left so not so rowdy but still plenty of people around and the weather was lovely, although can not be guaranteed to be the same this year.

Enjoy your holiday

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PDR in late september

PDR has the biggest beach I have ever seen, there are a couple of upmarket restaurants on 'the strip', Titanic, Atlantis (or Atlantic), plus your usual Irish bars, cafe's some restaurants along the beach and a few shops selling sun dresses, postcards, ciggies, booze etc.

Pop down to the Marina Portimao and you will find another small strip of restaurants / cafe's and the No Solo Agua beach and pool clubs which are nice to hang out and have lunch or dinner. There should not be a cover charge at the time you are going.

We paid 2.75 euro average for a large beer which many may say is expensive for the area and I am sure if we tried harder we could have found cheaper but cost was not an issue for us, average cost for a nice bottle of wine at dinner 15 Euro which compared to prices here is cheap. Cigs are 4.30 euro a packet. We saw bottles of vodka being sold in the local booze shops for around 6 euros but not sure on the brand or quality!

Use Google maps satellite and click on the little man to take you to street view, you can then 'walk' the strip.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PDR in late september

Resort itself caters excellently for tourists and can be as cheap or as expensive if you like. A lot of the Irish bars are more expensive and don't provide the best of food.

Loads of great restaurants but i know from experience it takes more than one trip to find the best spots to both have a drink and have a nice meal so please ask any locals or expats you speak to point you in the best direction.

You may find that your accomodation will set your holiday off to the bad start though, sorry to sound pessimistic but it really is an eye sore and reminds me of an old council tower block

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
201 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PDR in late september

Got back on sunday after a five day stay and was well impressed with the place .Beer prices ranged from 1euro30 to 3 euros for a large beer and eating out was also good 4 adults 2 course ranged from 40 euros to 50 euros inc tip .Plenty of people about after 1 am everynight the place was buzzing.

8. Re: PDR in late september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Praia da Rocha
Recent Conversations