We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Hello - we are off to San Pedro for a week at Easter and will be self catering. Looking at maps of the area it looks as if I would have to cross a motorway to get to Lidl and Supersol.

Also I am trying to organise transfer from Malaga airport to San Pedro - are there any local firms that will do the journey, and how much would the journey cost please?

Thank you for any help

Linda P

Lancashire
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Hello Linda

Google maps are showing several small supermarkets in San Pedro town but have not used them personally.

The main road is easy to cross either via a series of roundabouts or overhead foot bridges spaced along it.

We usually transfer with Simply Shuttles and have always found them very good, a minibus with all child booster seats and baby seats supplied cost us 210 euro return last October.

Hope this helps,

Alison

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Try www.transfersdelsol.co.uk or malagaminibus.com for quotes for transfers although the quote that Alison had last year was good for a return trip.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Thank you so much Alison

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Thank you for this - I will contact both suggestions from Alison and yourself

Linda

England
Level Contributor
4,633 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Hi

Where abouts are you staying?

If you are somewhere between the main coast highway and the beach as said above it's not a problem crossing it. If you are right at the beach side it's quite a long walk up to town (where there is a big supermarket just to the side of the semi pedestriaised street) Lidl is a futher long walk north and I wouldn't fancy walking back with a load of shopping.

Have you considered hiring a car from the airport. It will probably cost less than the transfers.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 11:41
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,266 posts
3,585 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Linda:

You can use Google maps to find supermarkets near the place you stay.

Give the address of the place you stay. Then click on it when you see the map.

There is a search nearby box. Type "supermarket" and you will see on the map all the supermarkets in the area. I use this feature of Google Maps all the time.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Thank you - we are near the hotel cortijo blanco :)

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Thank you - I will try that :)

England
Level Contributor
4,633 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

The Cotijo balanco is more or less along side the main road hence not too far to walk into town. But a fair walk down to the beach.

cork
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Map of San Pedro showing supermarkets

Theres a fine super sol on the same side of the road as cotijo blanco thats open 7 days a week and has all you should need for your stay. Has fresh bakery and nice deli. Dont forget you get charged for plastic bags so good idea to pack little foldable one into your hand luggage for daily essentials.

Get answers to your questions about San Pedro de Alcantara